Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a claim from a company in the UK.

Options
  • 01-05-2008 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I purchased a specialized purpose built machine from a manufacturing company in the UK on EBay valued at e2000. It was a demonstration model of a previous year’s model that was left back to them from one of their agents. To cut a long story short I sent it back after two months use after having intermittent problems with it, one which I had from the beginning and notified them of it. I was advised to return the unit and was assured of a quick turn around i.e. 2 to 3 working days as it is essential for my business. It is going on over three weeks now and they are refusing to co operate with me and answer my emails. I am now more annoyed of their lack of communication over the matter. How can I take this up legally?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Since you're a business, consumer protection does not apply. Get your solicitor on the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

jor el wrote: »
    Since you're a business, consumer protection does not apply. Get your solicitor on the case.
    Will do. The other option is go down the publicity road, this company is an up and coming and they are trying to get into the Irish market. The last thing they want is name and shame. It is the manner in which they are treating a customer. Just because purchased a second hand product from them I am treated like a second rate customer, I would be interested to find out from others who had dealings with this crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you're going to contact a solicitor, then do that before anything else. Naming and shaming them for bad service is all well and good, but you don't want it to scupper any chance of legal action against them. Not sure it would, but for two grand, you shouldn't take any chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

The UK is different to Ireland, the UK Small Claims Court includes business as well (I should know I, through my company, won a case against a UK company which I am now trying to get the cash out of!).

PM me for details run_to_da_hills.

Advertisement