Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marushin Taurus Raging Bull Revolvers

Options
  • 01-05-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

I just have to clear something up, to be absolutely sure.

The Marushin Taurus Raging Bull Revolvers all fire at "at least" 260fps with green gas, however they fire 8mm BBs, which as far as I know aren't available in any weight lower than 0.34g.

According to the chart, that put's them right on, or slightly over the 1 joule mark. The 270fps versions definitely are, I just need some more opinions, am i reading this right? We're interested in getting some in for some customers.
    Thanks guys.
    Steve

700px-Fps_vs_joules.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

260 with .34's gives 1.06 joules.

See here LINK

In that case they are over so this thread will likely be locked, suffice to say if that is their minimum energy, I'd recommend researching what they actually output.

But yeah thats over.

Edit: a brief google states they fire .34's with green at 330 fps, these are way over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Well if its locked over asking a question, shame on this board.
    Hence the reason I asked.

Thanks for the info Motosam, exactly what I thought. :)

Steve

Well if its locked over asking a question, shame on this board.

Id say its more to do with the charter policy on +1J discussion.
    Edit: Had it been under the thread would have been grand, now we know its over it can be locked as no further discussion is needed.

Nah you're welcome, that calculator is a better way of doing it than some blasted graph, feck I couldn't even read it :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

we got some very light 8mm bbs with a couple of kar98s we got in recently i think they were these ones:
    http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=278MMM
    (0.27g 8mm)
    i'd have to check though.

p.s. this would give with 260 fps a rating of 0.79 j

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

To the best of my knowledge, the standard weight for measuring fps with an 8mm is 0.34g, so 260fps with 0.34g would definitely be over 1 Joule.

Motosam: appreciate where your coming from, but please refrain from backseat modding, a thread like this is grand if he's asking a genuine question.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

kdouglas , i bow to your knowledge - i only remember it because i hadnt seen anything firing 8mm bbs before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I would say the 0.27g 8mm are the exceptional and not the rule the easily to obtain 8mm would be of high weight and be the ones people are more likely to use putting the device over the 1j limit.

kdouglas wrote: »
    Motosam: appreciate where your coming from, but please refrain from backseat modding, a thread like this is grand if he's asking a genuine question.

I was just stating what was likely to happen as usually does in such instances.

I further clarified saying there was nothing wrong with asking the question, I doubt giving advice or an opinion is modding, I didnt try to "mod" anything.

Fire ahead, pun not intended :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

just use different gas in it., :)
    am i stating the obvious? lol.,

vtec wrote: »
    just use different gas in it., :)
    am i stating the obvious? lol.,

I read it had 330 though, if kD is right thats probably with .34's, so it may be over on 132a also.

• Advertisement

you have to take into account the temperature/climate here too though, gas guns here arnt as powerful as they are in some of their origin countries.,

That may well be, but all indicators so far are its well worth getting confirmation on this before any are ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

you can not go by the 'ow its alright we have colder weather' any testing would be done at room temp and if you need this much talk to work out a device could be under the 1j it might not be a good idea in the first place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

Generally those chrono tests are run at a temperature of at least 20 degrees celcius. We chrono'd one of these with Propane and .34g bbs and got 220-240 fps, thus putting them under the 1j mark.

yep my thoughts exactly, and green gas is reccomended for use at a MINIMUM of 11degrees, we seldom have those conditions, even when the air temperature is higher than that the gas will be a fair bit cooler,.,

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Maybe so, but i'd bet green gas is used in ballistics checking as its more readily available.

Advertisement