Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new VRT rates

Options
  • 01-05-2008 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

is it just me or is brian cowen trying to make us all drive diesels?
    looking this up
    http://www.budget.gov.ie/2008/downloads/AnnexD.doc
    one would think so!
    I dont know about you but if you have ever been behind a diesel car that looks like it hasnt been serviced since it was bought,the plume of black smoke that they emmit must be better for the enviroment,than my 1.6 toyota!!!
    It pains me to see the country going soooo PC!!!
    With two most populous emerging nations India and china with their non-existant recycling and as for the biggest polluter in the world the great aul US of A!
    WHy the hell is our government making us jump through so many hoops?
    Over 2000 years of pollution(maybe more) does anyone think that this little gesture is going to make a difference?
    Sure a change is needed but so drastically?
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

Sure a change is needed but so drastically?
    john

yes.
    and its about time too.
    you cant expect everyone to jump on the recycling bandwagon at first,
    but we can lead by example.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Did you read your link?
    If the new rules were applied to the 2006 new car sales, over half of the cars sold would have their VRT rates reduced. Some 70% of cars sold in 2006 were in the CO2 Emissions Bands C to E, where changes in the VRT rates will be smallest.

So unless over half the cars sold in 2006 were diesels, then I don't think Brian Cowen is trying to make us drive them.

Don't see what China or the US have to do with Ireland's economic policy. Should we bring in the death penalty too just cos they both have it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

I think your missing the point!
    j

Advertisement