Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omsp

Options
  • 01-05-2008 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

you know when you go into a car dealer and you want to trade in your car the dealer looks up a small book and then thinks for a minute has a look at your car and finally gives you a price.
    Why cant I see whats in the OMSP book?
    thanks
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

you know when you go into a car dealer and you want to trade in your car the dealer looks up a small book and then thinks for a minute has a look at your car and finally gives you a price.
    thanks
    john

because it isn't in the dealer's interest for you to see it.

In my line of work I wouldn't like for my customers to see my wholesale price books.

From the other side, the dealer has no real idea how you treated your car apart from your word, what he can physcially see and what a quick inspection will allow.

Also, you can have a look at the online revenue VRT calculator to see this mystical OMSP figure, but it really is a figure plucked out of the air and the dealer would only use this figure as a reference, have a think about how long the car will sit on his forecourt, what work he would need to do it it to get it ready for re-sale plus the margin he would be making on the car you are going to buy.

As they say, it's not 'Show Friends' it's 'Show Business' !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/ShowVRT

Advertisement