Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Query

Options
  • 01-05-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi all, in a situation where a 37 year old guy has nothing done about a pension, but due to having moved around jobs and also moving again in the future, not in a position to get an employer subsidised pension so its going to be maybe a prsa from Eagle Star or the like.
    I'm afraid of walking into the first company or supplier I meet and being sold a pup. I'm fairly ignorant in these matters but I realise I need to start doing something at this stage.

Any advice on what I should do? Thanks.

(a bit broad I know but any help would be appreciated...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

PRSA is definately the way forward.

I can't comment on any individual pension but don't let the complexity of the choices cause a delay in actually out the pension.

Your bank will also be delighted to help sell you one.
    The fees are limited by law so you will not be ripped off in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Thanks Dewsbury, was hoping to get 1 or 2 more replies but there you go, I think I just got to bite the bullet and go to town some day to start my pension!
    Cheers.

Advertisement