Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temperature in Waterford today

• 01-05-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

By any chance, does anyone know what temperature was in the city today, at around noon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

That's a bizzare question why do you want to know. Doesn't that "thing" outside Sam MaCaully's have the temperature on it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

trishw78 wrote: »
    That's a bizzare question why do you want to know. Doesn't that "thing" outside Sam MaCaully's have the temperature on it.

That "thing" certainly does, or as the person who I presume designed it so rudely put it to me and the gf as we passed it when they were building it...."Waterford deserves this, its not just Paris & New York that should have structures like this" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Cabaal wrote: »
    That "thing" certainly does, or as the person who I presume designed it so rudely put it to me and the gf as we passed it when they were building it...."Waterford deserves this, its not just Paris & New York that should have structures like this" :rolleyes:

Oh for God's sake, what a stupid thing to say! So they think it's Times Square because of a few little blue Christmas lights? Why can't they build the stuff that matters (like the Newgate Centre and the skyscraper in Bilberry) rather than crappy little eyesores like that? It takes the whole look off the street!

Anyway benifa, I've no idea what the temperature was... sorry to be of such little help! Although I'm intrigued... why do you ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

fricatus wrote: »
    Oh for God's sake, what a stupid thing to say! So they think it's Times Square because of a few little blue Christmas lights? Why can't they build the stuff that matters (like the Newgate Centre and the skyscraper in Bilberry) rather than crappy little eyesores like that? It takes the whole look off the street!

Anyway benifa, I've no idea what the temperature was... sorry to be of such little help! Although I'm intrigued... why do you ask?

what is the "thing" ment to be anyways, it looks like a buss shelter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

fricatus wrote: »

lol.. Sorry to be so random.

Because there's an idiot at work, who shall remain nameless (but I know he's reading this :D), who won't believe me that my thermometer at home said 21 degrees, at around noon today. I'm trying to prove a point! Somebody back me up.. please? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Just a wild stab in the dark here benifa but have you tried met eireann? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mojor

I was out around that time and although it was a beautiful sunny day it was quite cool, definitley no-where near 21 degrees.

Has it seriously come to this, chatting about the weather on Boards? :p

Just a wild stab in the dark here benifa but have you tried met eireann?

lol, I had a look, yes. But a can't seem to find it.
    mojor wrote:
    I was out around that time and although it was a beautiful sunny day it was quite cool, definitley no-where near 21 degrees.

mojor - please don't say this. Please. I'm sure it said 21 degrees on my thermometer. Don't make me wrong.
    mojor wrote:
    Has it seriously come to this, chatting about the weather on Boards? :p

I don't have any friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Cabaal wrote: »

Ok can I point out as a person who's been to New York a few times that they don't have anything resembling a structure like that and as for Paris I've only been there once and from what I can remember it doesn't have any structures like that I think the Pairsians would tear it down if they did.

back on topic... I was out Lisduggan way myself earlier and it was warm but I wouldn't say 21 Degs would spring to mind maybe 16 or 17 in the sun. it was still cool in the shade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

It is/was actually quite warm, its just that its crazy windy outside so it feels cold, although 21 degrees might be pushing it. Maybe your thermometer was in the sun ??

• Advertisement

Maybe your thermometer was in the sun ??

That could be it actually. Ah well. Perhaps it wasn't 21 degrees after all. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I was wondering this myself, as I have a thermometer at home also, and couldnt belive it when I saw a whopping 22-23 degrees today!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

My thermo was reading about 15/16 C today but not any higher!

Met Eireann have a station in Kilkenny and none in Waterford afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

oh by the way that was an inside and out thermometer!!
    :D

I dont believe in games of chance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Global Warming is fooking wit ur mercureez!

Quick, call Al Gore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Sully wrote: »

There's an automated one up in Tycor. It gets a kicking every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Not anymore, It was moved to Carlow in the last rwo weeks, hence why TV3 now have Waterford on the Weather Map - Coincidence? - I think not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It might hit 21 if we are very lucky early next week. Probably not though.

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bards wrote: »
    Not anymore, It was moved to Carlow in the last rwo weeks, hence why TV3 now have Waterford on the Weather Map - Coincidence? - I think not

They agreed a good few months ago that they would add Waterford to the Map...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

They agreed a good few months ago that they would add Waterford to the Map...

about the same time that it was announced that the weather station was moving to Carlow so they needed to adjust their maps in any case

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No they don't anymore, Kilkenny People reported its going to Carlow as due to the area now being a builtup is no longer accurate in Kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats a back-handed slap in the face for Carlow. ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It must be at least 12 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Actually, I was a bit shocked with the weather yesterady

Had to sort of force myself to wear my gimp suit (bike leathers) for the drive in to work, was sweating like a pig once I got here.

And when I left at 11pm, I was a little distressed at the fact that there were ****ing hailstones hitting me the whole way home. And today, back to the same old miserable weather.

Baaaaawwwww :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Whats the temperature on the thermometer today Ben, must be about 45 at this stage :D

Says 19C all day on mine..

Whats the temperature on the thermometer today Ben, must be about 45 at this stage :D

hmm.. 'tis either E, J, C, or maybe D. Now, who of them is most sarcastic.. ;)

I know your game, but it's not a game of chance. Although, my money's on Mitchell.

benifa wrote: »
    hmm.. 'tis either E, J, C, or maybe D. Now, who of them is most sarcastic.. ;)

I know your game, but it's not a game of chance. Although, my money's on Mitchell.

Incidentally, I got 12 meg NTL broadband today. 'Av it, Mitchell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

at the back of the old esb building theres a weather station hidden away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement