Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending foods to australia?

Options
  • 01-05-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi
    apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this, I wasn't sure which forum to use.
    I would like to send some Irish food to my friend in Australia, rashers etc but obviously it would be stopped by customs. I heard that there are some companies that do this for you, does anybody know of anywhere? She is in melbourne.
    Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I used Galtee website before to send a breakfast pack to the US. No idea about Australia though.

Try their website or contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 guest44

cool thanks, I'll try that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You'd have to send it overnight in a refridgerated carton and it would cost a fortune i'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

guest44 wrote: »
    Hi
    apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this, I wasn't sure which forum to use.
    I would like to send some Irish food to my friend in Australia, rashers etc but obviously it would be stopped by customs. I heard that there are some companies that do this for you, does anybody know of anywhere? She is in melbourne.
    Any help appreciated!

Australia is paranoid about most kinds of food being imported as they believe their could be a risk to their agriculture, so fruits processed meats or raw meats are out of the question, you should check with the aussie customs to save on a wasted expense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 guest44

Thanks for the replies, I emailed Galtee but they don't do it, in the end I found this link
    http://www.tasteireland.com.au/
    which looks good but for the breakfast type meats they have to collect them from sydney so I think I will just wait til they get there and then organise it for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My mam has sent me over confectionary on a number of occassions and there hasn't been any problems with that sort of food so maybe send some of that in the mean time. Can't beat an Irish Dairy Milk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

don't send fizzy drinks. They assplode :(

Advertisement