Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sneak punch?????

• 01-05-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

I was doing a mission yesterday or the day before where it says you can walk up to someone and then do a sneak punch or something like that

Was I dreaming this and if not how the hell do you do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

I think it just means lock into them(hold left trigger on 360) walk up and hit them without them noticing you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah, according to that mission, you just walk up to someone and target them, and when you get close enough to them the target icon changes, meaning you can throw a punch and it'll knock them to the floor.

Haven't been able to do it since that one guy in that particular mission though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What does the icon change to because I have never been able to do it either, even on that mission it didn't work for me :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think it just became a plain circle instead of the normal target one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

No it becomes a little red rectangle, but I haven't been able to do it since that mission either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i wasnt able to do it in the mission, sure who needs to be a ninja anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I had squashed everyone by the time the thing came up to prompt me.

madrab wrote: »
    i wasnt able to do it in the mission, sure who needs to be a ninja anyway?

Good point. The baseball bat is hardly a weapon of stealth :pac:

I do like how even the fist fighting is though. Generally I always lead with a kick as it has a much better range than the punch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Only worked the once for me on the mission, but never really see the point of being subtle once you end up shooting everything in sight anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Walk up to someone without a weapon equipped. The targeting icon should flash. Then lay a sly one over the back of the head with the punch button. I think it was the mission where you had to steal the convertible banshee for export.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

The sly punch is when you lock onto them and press O. This punch just knocks them to the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

How does one kick?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Its square. You do know that the game came with a manual with all the controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

LeoGilly wrote: »

:D
    I guess I should read it, shouldn't I? Thanks!

robinph wrote: »
    Only worked the once for me on the mission, but never really see the point of being subtle once you end up shooting everything in sight anyway.

Well I was hoping to sneak up behind a cop at the airport, knock him down and then stomp him to death to rob is assault rifle.
    LeoGilly wrote: »

Well the attack itself doesn't seem to work for me so I was wondering was there something wrong. Seems others are having the same issues.

Advertisement