Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL's PC support line

Options
  • 01-05-2008 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

anyone hear of ntls new pc support line. its 95 cent a minute and deals with issues that affect the pc or wireless and not the broadband in itself. they fix issues that if you went to a pc technician they would charge 50 euro a pop for something easy enough to do . you will b referred to them by customer service if your modem is online and you still have no connection usually beeing a pc issue this helpful addition had ntl win top internet service provider in ireland as no other broadband companies supply a service like this. id like to know everyones taughts on this service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Shill, perchance?

If not, why are you advertising a premium phone number?

In any case, PC advice is given away for free here on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jaza

i rang it they fixed my pc issue in 5 minutes its just for anyone who has pc issues . very handy number

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Why am I suspicious of this post? :)

Anyway given NTL's superb record of customer service in Ireland (I was incidentally just last night chatting to someone who had just wasted yet another half day waiting for one of those elusive engineers to call!)

I would think most people would be better off (both technically and financially) posting their problems on boards.
    you will b referred to them by customer service if your modem is online and you still have no connection usually beeing a pc issue the number is 1550 924 124.. id like to know everyones taughts on this service

I think this reference thing is a bit iffy too? Will there be an incentive for the 'support' people to refer people to this 1550 number?
    this helpful addition had ntl win top internet service provider in ireland as no other broadband companies supply a service like this

Now we know why they won this 'award' it had nothing at all to do with their internet service:rolleyes: and was this 'addition' actually availabe for the period covered by the 'award'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I have a feeling that this poster has a hidden agenda.

He/she posted on Consumer Issues extolling the virtues on NTL/UPC support.

jaza wrote: »
    i rang it they fixed my pc issue in 5 minutes its just for anyone who has pc issues . very handy number

Yes for making money!!! for UPC. Surely if they wanto go into the pc repair service they should set up an appropriate and seperate business?

In the meantime I dont think there is any doubt that if they have extra resources available they should devote them to improving cusomer 'service'.

Surely a mod should remove that 'dastardly' 1550 number?

• Advertisement

il remove the number myself lads chillax i was just voicing a positive opinion for once all anyone else seems to do is complain

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

suspcicious myself dub45.

Never had a good experience with all the time I've spent dealing with NTL's customer service. Doubt very much they'd be much good at handling pc issues, and at that price I'd be very wary calling them, your call costs will rack up pretty quickly, particularly if you're not very technical and have to be walked through each troubleshooting step.

Felt sick the day I heard that NTL won that award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

dub45 wrote: »
    I think this reference thing is a bit iffy too? Will there be an incentive for the 'support' people to refer people to this 1550 number?

I couldn't agree more. Plus UPC support are quick to fob you off. Their network is never at fault it's something at the customers end (note, this is what they tell you, not the truth). This just gives them a good excuse to phone a premium rate who'll probably tell you after an hour that you need an engineer call out.

No thanks UPC. How about offering support for your service first.

i agree there customer service is terrible and can be waiting for hours on end to get through and as well as far as i know the pc support line runs from a company called cobweb not upc

Its worth checking the subject matter of jaza's relatively few posts to boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

dub45 wrote: »
    Its worth checking the subject matter of jaza's relatively few posts to boards.

spot on mate

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well, "jaza". I don't know how delighted your employer would be if I was to ring them and tell them that employee <blank> was indulging in some unauthorised marketing and also by the by, berating the customer service of the company that they work for.

What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jizzle

good luck getting through

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I won't be ringing their ****e support numbers. Luckily, they list direct numbers for members of the marketing department on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

seamus wrote: »
    Well, "jaza". I don't know how delighted your employer would be if I was to ring them and tell them that employee <blank> was indulging in some unauthorised marketing and also by the by, berating the customer service of the company that they work for.

How do you know it is unauthorized? Honestly there have been a LOT of UPC fan boys since Easter. I reckon UPC has set people to do this. Berating the knowingly bad customer contempt department could be an effort to make it seem less like it is an employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

jaza wrote: »

what did they fix?

Advertisement