Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycoolin Rd Closure?

Options
  • 01-05-2008 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Noticed signs this morning saying that a sizeable section of Ballycoolin Rd will be closed for 6 months from June!

Anyone know what's planned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Maybe something to do with the new metro line? Between Ballycoolin, Chapelizod, Knockmaroon, Glen Road, Coolmine station all closing its getting scary! Is someone trying to close down Dublin 15. HELP LEMMEE OUTTA HERE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'm guessing you're talking about the road from Rosemount Business Park as far as Cappagh ? They're already more or less completed the road the other side and are due to finish next month, originally August. They'll be completely reshaping the road to a proper size as opposed to the crappy rutted back road it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Hmm, Janurary and still no sign of the road opening. It was scheduled for completion mid-December. I was on a bus through the road about a month ago and the road looked like it was nowhere near done.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Stark wrote: »
    Hmm, Janurary and still no sign of the road opening. It was scheduled for completion mid-December. I was on a bus through the road about a month ago and the road looked like it was nowhere near done.

They seem to have abandoned work on the Ratoath Road beside Cappagh Hospital since October/November too.

Given the efficiency of other recent road works in the area - Snugborough Road, 2 years in the making, I won't be holding my breath for completion of these...

You're talking about the same road Tibor. One side has been opened for quite a while at this stage and I have seen guys working on the Cappagh end of the other side in December but haven't been that way this year yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Still closed.

Ireland is getting just like the old days, just when we had become used to having things opened when they were suppost to be opened and on budget.

Probably some clause in the contract that allows the contractor to delay the work and charge the State extra for the delay.

Murt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I think the OP is talking about the new signs that have been stuck up all throughout the the area from Tyrellstown along Cruiserath Road etc etc.
    I noticed them myself driving to work in the mornings, but cannot see any roadworks going on yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Sparky wrote: »
    I think the OP is talking about the new signs that have been stuck up all throughout the the area from Tyrellstown along Cruiserath Road etc etc.
    I noticed them myself driving to work in the mornings, but cannot see any roadworks going on yet.

Nope and yes, its actually the Ballycoolin Rd going from just outside Rosemount Ind Estate to Cappagh.

The signs said it would by finished by Jan '09, its only half-done by now.

Outside the Cappagh Hospital, the road is still not finished.

It really is disastrous Irish style, an embarrassment in how long it takes to upgrade a secondary road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's one thing that I noticed about this road that may have a reason to why it's not looking finished yet... I was passing through on a bus last week and it seems that they are building a whole new road branching off from where the roundabout at Stadium Business Park used to be heading towards the National Aquatic Centre...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Yeh, they only did half the Ballycoolin Road road so far.

They put up new signs leading to it now. New date for completion is Oct '09, a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

Does anyone know if this road is open now?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

MicS wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this road is open now?

nope much later this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

ntlbell wrote: »
    Thanks for quick answer ;) But is there any way at all to get to Finglas from Ballycoolin via Cappagh Rd. bridge?

Just go the other side, i.e. as you come over the bridge take the route on the right as opposed to the one on the left and around either by the Texaco garage or cut through the business park, follow the Dublin Bus signs if you're unsure as they've been put there to help the bus drivers as the route changes due to the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

MicS wrote: »
    Thanks for quick answer ;) But is there any way at all to get to Finglas from Ballycoolin via Cappagh Rd. bridge?

if you go up the ballycoolin rd heading for blanch buisness park

last exit of the round about

down to the next

first exit of follow the narrow rd down to the next round about

second exit and that will bring you back down to the cappagh rd and head to finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

ntlbell wrote: »

More likely "early" next year. And they'll probably still have a lane closed for roadworks by Cappagh hospital, despite the fact that noone is "working" on the road.

Advertisement