Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sid To Healine NWA card. Come on in for dicussion, friendship and maybe more

• 01-05-2008 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

This from Rajah:
    Former WWE/WCW Champion Sid Vicious will be headlining an indy show at the home of the Atlanta Hawks, the Philips Arena. The show will be from The National Wrestling Alliance and it will take place on Saturday, June 7. Tickets for the event will range from $17 to $52 a piece. Philips Arena holds about 18,500 people for basketball.

Reckon he could fill it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Not a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I think it depends on who else is on the card.He could single hanedly sell about six thousand seats at max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I personally think Sid could still be quite an attraction. Obviously your target market is people who haven't watched wrestling in about 10 years and remember the good old days of "Sid Vicious", and might bring their kids along or whatever. And then theres always the hardcore fans, of which theres probably around 2,000 of which, maybe more, in the Atlanta area. Tickets aren't outragously prcied either. Must be remembered that TNA only attracted 5,000 paid with Kurt and Sting in October though, so they could struggle if they can't convince the casual fan that Sid's return is a big deal

The NWA drew 2000 to Sid's return match last month in Rhode Island

How many did the venue hold?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

19000 because it's a basketball stadium.

How many did the venue hold?

I think it was sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Sid was never good. even in the old days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

He was never that good ... but he was pretty popular.

Maybe NWE will try pick him up and put him in a tag team with the ultimate warrior!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Remember a few months back Sid claimed he was a bigger star than Austin, the Rock etc. because he had two "great" runs while the others only had one and said he had another couple of matched in him where he could sell ot 70000 seats in a stadium!! Dont think so big man!

Having said that, I do like Sid, not a great wrestler but I found him entertaining! The video of him on youtube completely over selling a chop block from Austin is hilarious!

Edit:
    Can I put this here?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfeffwKZcVo

• Advertisement

Sid was never good. even in the old days

Well, you could say that about a lot of guys who have drawn huge live gates/ratings/buy-rates in the past. The question of this topic is, can Sid draw the guts of 18,000 fans to this venue?

I hope he can, not so much for him but for the NWA; I like the idea of a third large-ish promotion in North America, behind WWE and TNA, but above ROH. I think there's a market for family friendly wrestling, espeically in the South.

The AWA has proven in recent years that nostalgia and a family friendly product can draw big enough crowds, while ROH has proven that selling DVD's to a niche market can be quite a money-spinner. These are two markets I reckon a strong NWA could get into.

Advertisement