Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Work

Options
  • 01-05-2008 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me of a website or maybe a notice board that would be a good place to put up a notice for a job for a student? I'm looking for someone to do admin/paperwork/book keeping on an ad hoc basis and I live next to UCD but I don't think I can put up a notice in the college without permission. Or can I? I asked before and a caretaker said no.

I can't seem to find any good websites to advertise this.. Buyandsell seems to only advertise cleaners or the stereotypical 'van man'

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks
    Nic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Try the classified section in a newspaper. Thats where I've been looking. Only downside is that the section covers the nation and not just Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spottykatt

www.gumtree.ie or nixers.com or the evening herald

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Or you could just put up a few anyway! The only thing that will happen is that someone who'll be bothered by it will take it down if or when they notice. By then you could have got a few calls anyway. People offering grinds and rooms to let always do it and there never seems to be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭nickyjellybaby

Well it wouldn't warrant an ad in a paper. I'm only looking for someone to do a few hours once a month whenever suits them really... Very casual

I think I'll just throw up some flyers in UCD and see what happens, maybe all I'd get is a slap on the wrist :D

Thanks for the input peeps.

Spottykat I think I'll try gumtree- I didn't know about it before

Oh and would 12-15 euro per hour be the going rate does anyone know? Its not rocket science work...

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I reckon at 12 - 15 you'll get plenty of people interested, in fact I may be interested myself ;) You could try Centra in the Merville student residences, they'd be far less strict about putting up notices than UCD I'd say. UCD tend to be on the ball regarding inappropriate posters and flyers. Having said that, there's a notice board outside O'Briens in the Health Science centre with a few similar kind of notices on it, you could ask at the services desk there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

are you not advertising it here now :confused:

Good a place as any!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

ah just put it up all they can do is take it down
    Id say beside the shop under the library as thats where everyone will be with exams and all!!

and at 15E an hour youll have people jumping at you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Well it wouldn't warrant an ad in a paper. I'm only looking for someone to do a few hours once a month whenever suits them really... Very casual

Ah ok, I thought you were looking for a job! I wouldn't mind looking into that, so slap up a link if its online!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

are you not advertising it here now

Good a place as any!

thats what i was thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Notorious wrote: »
    Ah ok, I thought you were looking for a job! I wouldn't mind looking into that, so slap up a link if its online!
    Likewise from me. I'd be well up for this...
    Post details OP! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

thats what i was thinking!

QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

adverts.ie has an emloying people section, if that's any good to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭t_ucd

The notice board at the SU shop under the library? People seem to post what they like there.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

I'll do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭nitroboy

Was just posting something similar to this on rip off ireland. Check out www.getastudent.org and submit your details for their database. Just send them a mail or whatever. something might turn up. Whatsort of work are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

If you ask the Employment Officer of UCDSU, they hold a list of jobs for UCD students.

EDIT: This thread is over 6 months old. Please don't bump threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement