Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco selling Xboxes

Options
  • 01-05-2008 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Noticed Tesco are selling Xboxes for 150 yoyos if I remember right, thought thats a bit odd sure they don't make games for them any more, they don't even sell second hand ones in the game shops, I wonder who'd buy one, they might buy one thinking it was a 360 and get a surprise when they get home :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The only reason somebody would buy one now is to mod it into a media center (XBMC being a popular one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Yup that's about the only reason I can think of too.

It is aa great media centre, but your average Joe isn't probably going to know about that o_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

yea I can see people picking this up to play games and being very dissapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think someone forgot to read Stock Clearance rules 101...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i saw the killarney tesco selling a original GBA for over 150 snots. disgrace! ive also seen 199 yoyos for a crysal xbox in another tesco. like paying 150 wasnt enough...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Maybe their selling the Xbox for use other than an games console. Possible alternate uses are a very large paperweight. Pillow (slighty uncomfortable). Garden feature (just like a Gnome except it won't steal your soul...only Vista can do that). Bread Maker. Armour plating for Tanks. Building Material (House of Xbox). Currency ("That will be 23 Xboxes please..").

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Tescos do this with a lot of their games, i seen PS2 games for 30 euro and were really old! Its like they don't bother updating their prices or games. I seen 'This is football 2002' for 35 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

in bloomfields you can get a black or crystal (tesco exclusive according to the poster :rolleyes:) xbox with 3 games (doa3, pgr2 and amped i think) for €200

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I seen 'This is football 2002' for 35 quid!

Totally worth it. Love that game. Got it for a tenner 6 years ago and played it to death with one of my mates. Still play it the odd time. World Cup on World Class with Ireland. Now that's an achievement.

Advertisement