Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Theory test

Options
  • 01-05-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm really sorry if his has already been answered in here somewhere already. But I just need some help on this. I did my theory test and passed a year ago but due to illness never applied for my provisional. Do I need to go back and do it again or can I ring them up and get a copy of the cert?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

When you passed you would have been handed the cert. I assume you have lost it then? The cert is valid for 2 years so you shouldn't have to do it again. If you have lost it, I'm not sure whether they would send you out a new one or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Yeah i have lost it :mad: Oh well! I think they will replace it though, for a fee, as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Pretty sure that the theory test pass cert is only valid for 12 months?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

esel wrote: »
    Pretty sure that the theory test pass cert is only valid for 12 months?

not so sure about that esel ... I just copied these quotes "In theory, you may take a driver theory test at any age. However, you must submit your pass certificate to a Motor Tax Office with your application for a first provisional licence within two years of passing the theory test." and "Failing to submit your test certificate to your Motor Tax office within 2 years of passing your test will mean the certificate expires. This means you will have to do your test again. There is no maximum age at which you can complete a driver theory test" from http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/motoring-1/driving-tests/driver_theory_test

• Advertisement
Advertisement