Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't I just use boards in peace...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Boards.ie isn't too serious but Advert.ie should be and thats where the problem with you is. People get ripped off all the time when buying online, the mods of adverts help stop that happening there. It may just be a laugh for you but adverts needs to be a place where people can deal easily and respect the rules.

You should be apologising to the persons who had difficulty completing a transaction with you. By using the site you both agreed to follow certain rules. You chose not to follow them and thats what caused the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 backonceagain

i see what you mean sabotage and i did apologize to him. he said it was sound though and not to worry about it. just a small delay on the postage but no biggie.

anyway thanks for at least hearing me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

PLEASE don't blame me for wasting your time, your quite capable of doing that for yourself as you've demonstrated.

Had you played ball, then neither of us would have wasted any time, now would we?
    And considering the forums you moderate I really don't think we have anything in common anyway,so once again, I'm not going to be someone to,erm, raise your eyebrow or help you out.

That's irrelevant.
    I would also like to clear up that every item I've had on adverts has been traded off for in a fair manner in agreement with the buyer. This is around 30+ items, ranging from 10euro to just over 1500, so lumping me into the catagory branded for scammers and the like is laughable at best

You know, if you actually read what I'm saying to you, we'd both be better off. In particular the group you fell into was:

"those with previous negative history that we simply don't want here for a myriad of reasons, or habitual sh1t stirrers."
    you dont like me because I'm a **** stirrer, I've met a few of those in my time, usually politicians.

I neither like nor dislike you, don't make it personal. This is about you causing hassle and taking up time that we could spend in more productive pursuits.
    I replied to a pm from someone who was keen for the item and I said this ON THREAD,everyone knew and no one cared but you.but thats your job or hobby or whatever so I understand.

Oh FFS. Off thread dealing is NOT ALLOWED. My modding here is neither a job nor a hobby, it is purely voluntarily.

we're done here really, I don't mind. :) there's nothing to get angry or upset about, no one died and no major illnesses have been contracted.

thanks again,cya

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

we're done here really, I don't mind. :) there's nothing to get angry or upset about, no one died and no major illnesses have been contracted.

thanks again,cya
    You could always move on to the next touring circus that hits town and get a job as the resident clown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

muffler wrote: »
    You could always move on to the next touring circus that hits town and get a job as the resident clown.
    But the question here is; Are his shoes big enough to be a clown?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

i like it here and im not a troll,...... honestly I just want to be a boardsie.........im scared by the way.........
    Your only doing what your supposed to I understand.......I'm not really too fussed here........
    this is just something to do when I'm at work or whatever, no biggie........
    but thats your job or hobby or whatever so I understand.........we're done here really, I don't mind.
    *runs away to join circus, looking for multiple roles - clown, lion tamer, fortune teller, trapeze artist, why*

You don't seem to know when you're in a hole, or when to stop digging, tbh.

Not your ornery onager

lol funny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

backonceagain, how many times are you going to say you are done with this thread and that you dont mind either way only to come back again?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sabotage wrote: »
    backonceagain, how many times are you going to say you are done with this thread and that you dont mind either way only to come back again?
    He's just living up to the username. :D

• Advertisement

yeah....I'm just being kept mildly entertained by it. funny that people are allowed to sling mud here,should rename it the stockades. :)

f9cc829ae0b529241778cbc6134fbbcc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

funny that people are allowed to sling mud here,
    Mud? In your case I would call it shite if that keeps you amused. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

+ 1 Good job by the Adverts mods

Next time I go shopping there, I'll know theres one less mongtard about.

Back when it was part of Boards (old for sale) you generally had an indication of the seller due to his boards posts, but as users who use adverts.ie don't neccesarily use boards.ie it becomes a little more difficult.

Keep up the good work lads.

oh my god.....

you have actually been reading this thread right? you do understand what the problem is???

They dont have a problem with anything I've sold and I have yet to receive a complaint from a single buyer, it's the moderators that got pissed off, end of. I replied to one pm and I said this ON THREAD, and then the ban stick comes out. You'd swear I was a scammer or dud seller the way you're carrying on. There really is no need for the mounting negativity here. I already said sorry once on this thread and I'm not in the habit of repeating myself, least of all when it's written down. sheesh...

muffler wrote: »
    Mud? In your case I would call it shite if that keeps you amused. :rolleyes:

and what exactly is meant by that muffler? this really spiraled away from the point when some people started getting frustrated and made that frustration clear. I've accepted whatever the mods decided and will not reduce myself to name calling to prove a point.

anyway i've just noticed this:

"-You obviously didn't. You signed up *again* with DILLIGAF (obviously you do if you keep reregging :/), and were left to your own devices until you started initiating off thread dealing *again*."

what do you mean off thread dealing? with who? :/

anyway i've just noticed this:

"-You obviously didn't. You signed up *again* with DILLIGAF (obviously you do if you keep reregging :/), and were left to your own devices until you started initiating off thread dealing *again*."

Thats something you tend to find out when you're using boards - roundymooney is a mean bitch. You just have to get over it i suppose.

He's already said you can continue using this account, so why don't you just leave while your ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

oh my god.....

you have actually been reading this thread right? you do understand what the problem is???

There's no way in hell I'd buy anything of someone who doesn't understand the rules, and has consitently re-registered to circumvent a ban, the great thing about the old FS boards is that the sellers were part of the community and weren't likely to bugger off or create re-reg'd accounts.

So in my eye's, the big scammer alarm bell would be going off pretty loud...

zAbbo wrote: »
    There's no way in hell I'd buy anything of someone who doesn't understand the rules, and has consitently re-registered to circumvent a ban, the great thing about the old FS boards is that the sellers were part of the community and weren't likely to bugger off or create re-reg'd accounts.

So in my eye's, the big scammer alarm bell would be going off pretty loud...
    you might have a good track record with selling over 30 items, but the fact that you have been repeatedly banned, doesn't rest too easy on the buyer's shoulders.

oh my god.....

They dont have a problem with anything I've sold and I have yet to receive a complaint from a single buyer, it's the moderators that got pissed off, end of. I replied to one pm and I said this ON THREAD, and then the ban stick comes out. You'd swear I was a scammer or dud seller the way you're carrying on. There really is no need for the mounting negativity here. I already said sorry once on this thread and I'm not in the habit of repeating myself, least of all when it's written down. sheesh...

I have to address your misleading comments.

You are more or less correct in saying that buyer disputes had no part in the reason for your bans. However, this is only part of the story. Spoiling other users ads, and making a nuisance of yourself around the community (bumping your ad back to the top to the detriment of others, just one example) is just as harmful to the site.

One of your initial adverts was binned as the product in question was prohibited under our rules. An airsoft BB gun thing.

Now, I'm going to list for posterity your rule breaches, as you seem to think that most of your actions under your various guises have been acceptable:

boss^is^dead:

Persistent thread spoiling.
    Bumping adverts despite warnings.
    Advert hijacking.
    Abuse toward a mod
    Off thread dealing.

You were banned for 2 months for the last offence (after serving bans earlier for others), and signed up in short order as...

deadprez:
    AH infraction for acting the dick.
    Siteban for reregging to evade a ban.

Then, blackseed:

Posted a forbidden item (the gun), bumped adverts, despite warnings, and was subsequently sitebanned for reregging to evade...

Master-decoy was next, and you weren't here a day when you picked up another infraction for threadspoiling another users ad.

I spotted this, and sitebanned you again for reregging to evade, and because the application of our rules was obviously a mystery you weren't prepared to solve.

All of the above happened in a matter of three weeks in January '07!

All was quiet on the Western front, as you reregged DILLIGAF, and *finally* kept your head down.

Until, that is you started rabbiting on about tattoos, and Prince. Posted items in the incorrect categories (soliciting swaps in Mobiles FS), and asked sellers to PM you, because you were by your own admission, too lazy to check the site.

I can't believe you still don't understand where you're going (rather, have gone) wrong here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Roundy you have the patience of a saint.
    Why is anybody even engaging with this guy?
    Perm siteban for that carry on or we can just let the floodgates open.
    God help us all then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You should probably have consulted with me first as to my ban or given some sort of indication that one was foreseeable to happen and to tie up my affairs.
    You should have played by the rules.

OP hasn't learned from his mistakes and doesn't show any intention of playing by the rules, therefore = timesink. I don't see why you should be given posting privileges backonceagain.

wow.....oooookkaay guys, this is too little being made into to much for me to deal with. Thanks for everything, roundmooney

scammer alarm bells can ring all you want. There's 7 people who've come and met me personally and the others have been via post. The biggest collection was the HDTV and PS3 in one go, and perhaps the Marshall TSL Stack. Smallest being the dell m1210 and inspiron 9400 maybe but happy buyers from a happy seller.I get banned for off thread banter, end of. sorry to the mods for wasting time,sorry to the potential buyers who couldnt view the item being discussed and ultimately sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

erm,all of this is being taken VERY seriously.

again, this is just something to do when I'm at work or whatever, no biggie :/

You do work very hard ,it's nearly 10pm on a bank holiday sunday.

The determination of some people:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Jebus, how many illegal reregs to avoid bans are allowed these days? :(

Not your ornery onager

Blah, Blah, Blah
    Why do you keeping coming back after you say you've left? You are being hammered by Roundy in every point you try to make...

I'm surprised roundy is still even bothering to reply to you...

...go away.

just as a side note, and preferably without the childish barrage of commentary from the vultures, roundymooney, can I use this account? Am I free to continue selling on adverts? Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

facepalm8bu0.jpg

just as a side note, and preferably without the childish barrage of commentary from the vultures, roundymooney, can I use this account? Am I free to continue selling on adverts? Thanks a lot

Yes.

One hint of a rule breach, and this and all subsequent accounts will be gonned.

No names, no pack drill.

I strongly suggest you examine the adverts guidelines before going any further.

R.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I can feel the steel bars creeping up; the Thunderdome begins to surround this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yes.

One hint of a rule breach, and this and all subsequent accounts will be gonned.

No names, no pack drill.

I strongly suggest you examine the adverts guidelines before going any further.

R.
    Let me know if this happens and I'll keep an eye on him also.

Advertisement