Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduation Speech?

Options
  • 01-05-2008 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

I was just wondering, is anyone else doing one? I'm head-girl, so i get the job :rolleyes: I'm trying to think of memorable things that have happened during school, and find my self going "So... What did happen to me for the last six years?". Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Did you go on any trips anywhere? Did a sports team from your year win anything? Did you do anything big as a year together?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

the simplest, stupidest, everyday memories that are attached to your time and your year's time at school will bring the house down if written properly.

ooo yeah most important, DON'T BE CHEESEY, JUST DON'T!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah anything at all. Our head-girl last year told the story of how one of the girls almost fell into the river outside our school trying to catch a skittle in her mouth but she saved her! It was hilarious despite the fact she was crying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

head-girl.....

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

:pac:

lol, I got that too. XD

Hmm, for ours, we mentioned the good times in TY, the places we went, what our friends would be doing in the future, the rows with teachers, our nights out in 6th year, the pres, thanked our chaplain, teachers etc

Just don't have a big sob story. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Sounds good:) I bet i'm going to cry

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

Fuascailt wrote: »
    Sounds good:) I bet i'm going to cry

o you'll definitely cry.....lots.....water proof mascara all the way.....tissues....more tissues........

it'll be tears of sadness and happiness.

it's a great occassion.....and even though you might not think it or they won't admit it the ould parents get teary-eyed as well.....kinda marks a pretty great moment they have helped you to achieve...

anyway as regards the speech, like i said, keep it simple, it genuinely is the everyday funny moments of school that people remember the most.

don't be afraid to slag people (teachers, fellow students, other staff etc.) but a)make sure they can take it and b) make sure it's funny and c) make sure at least half the people there will know what the heck you are on about!

the hall will be a big mix of emotions so don't feel worried about setting people off crying or laughing - if you say what you want to say well, it'll be great!

remember don't be cheesey, be genuine i.e mention the good and the bad times - there's no point painting an ideal picture to sound good if everyone in front of you knows it took a bit of hard work and a few arguements to get to where you all are today.

don't forget the members of your school you may have lost along the way.

most of all enjoy it and i hope you have fun and a great night!:D

Advertisement