Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to eat - Communion Lunch

Options
  • 01-05-2008 7:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Any suggestions as to where I could book?? It's for 10 people on the 24th of this month. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys.

Mod note: apologies if I'm not allowed double post this in two forums, just wanted to make sure I had all the bases covered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hanley wrote: »
    Any suggestions as to where I could book?? It's for 10 people on the 24th of this month. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys.

Mod note: apologies if I'm not allowed double post this in two forums, just wanted to make sure I had all the bases covered.

What part of Dublin are you thinking about?.

(You'd want to be booked that pretty quickly).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

chapter 1! bit pricey though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Roly Bisto in Ballsbridge, usually €25 a head and they do lovely chicken with homemade chips for the oul children along with ice cream and the likes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Mairt wrote: »
    What part of Dublin are you thinking about?.

(You'd want to be booked that pretty quickly).

Haha I know... :S

Anywhere central's good, or anywhere around the northside of the city really!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Haha I know... :S

Anywhere central's good, or anywhere around the northside of the city really!!

Ok, if its northside I'd have to recommend Oscar Taylors in Malahide.

Well worth the trip out, and Ohhhhhhh their steaks :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dunno northside, but out beyond Red Cow in, there's a place called Joels. They don't do booking (but the queue time is usally around the 10 minute mark), but the food is great. Big helpings, for a decent price. A mixture of stuff for the starter, 16oz burger and cheese fries for the main, followed by some icecream... or in my case "can't eat no more, totally stuffed":D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

+1 to Mairt's Oscar Taylor's suggestion. Beautiful food there.

I'll put forward the Halfway House on the Navan Road. They do a beautiful carvery at the weekend and you can book tables handy enough. Not too far from the city either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'll put forward the Halfway House on the Navan Road. They do a beautiful carvery at the weekend and you can book tables handy enough. Not too far from the city either.

The halfway house food has gone to the dogs, I know people who used to love the place, me included, that wont go anymore, carvery aint what it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

If you want to impress the younger gang, I'd go for Milano's on the North Quays. Bring him/her out on the sea safari before or after.

Oh... forgot, The Oarhouse in Howth, cheap, rough and ready, great food. Deep (Howth again) a bit more fancy, great food as well.

Advertisement