Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Profile Grapahic card

Options
  • 01-05-2008 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Does anyone know any shops in Dublin that sells Low Profile graphic cards??(I don't have a credit card so don't tell me to buy them online)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

No one is willing to help the poor dude that's stuck with a onboard graphics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'd buy a proper card and just leave the case cover off, then you have good performance and you can see the inner workings of the pc, it's a win win situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

PC World sell low profile 8600GT's I think, not sure where else, I'm sure you'd get one in Peats as well and probably for a better price, though it depends on whether you're simply looking for a dedicated card or a gaming card.

MooseJam wrote: »
    I'd buy a proper card and just leave the case cover off, then you have good performance and you can see the inner workings of the pc, it's a win win situation

wow doesn't all the dust it gets like kinda screws up the computer's preformence?

PC World sell low profile 8600GT's I think, not sure where else, I'm sure you'd get one in Peats as well and probably for a better price, though it depends on whether you're simply looking for a dedicated card or a gaming card.

By anychance do you know the price for the 8600GT? and btw i am using it as a gaming card. and i never knew that 8600GT is low profile

Their model isn't low profile, I checked.

But yes you can get a LP 8600GT, though Komplett don't seem to sell it anymore. There's this on Elara, who offer pick up, but it's pretty crap value for money.

What sort of games are you playing? If you're not playing anything intensive, or don't mind mediocre graphics, something like this is still much better then onboard video

Don't forget you'd need low profile bracket as well, not sure what cards do and don't come with one, so keep an eye out.

Maybe try adverts.ie, there were piles of low profile X300's with the LP bracket being sold for a tenner a while back. Still better then onboard video.

• Advertisement

I'm planning on playing CSS half life 2 and planning on getting something else like COD:4 or UT3 but i doubt that i can run UT3 pretty well

thanks for the advice i'm going out to town today and gonna check out the cards and get one thanks for all the comments and help and just to remind you again i can't buy anything online :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://www.3v.ie <-- yes, you can. Ages 16 and up.

lol thanks for the advice i just regestered
    I have thoguht about getting that card before but i couldn't find a shop to top up but i found one now so thank you very much!

They are everywhere nowadays ;)

Na not really most of my stupid frend doesn't even knoew they exsist.....lol.
    Btw thanks for all the help peoples I just went out to town and ordered a 8500 LP yesterday gonna collect it next week :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Orion2

Sorry for bumping an old thread but Im pretty desperate for alow profile upgrade from the crappy ATI 256MB X1300 Pro that Im running with at the moment. Can't seem to get an 8600GT low profile online any more! :(

So... where did you manage to get your hands on the 8500GT? I'd settle for one of those at the moment! Thanks in advance! ;)

I wouldn't bother getting an 8500GT, it's essentially a re-branded 6600, which is ancient, slow and not worth upgrading to from an X1300.

I think I agree with ya now tbh! I've spent the last few hours viewing a load of site reviews about the card and I've come to more or less the same conclusion... So I've decided to save and just build a new pc and get away from this Dell slimline hunk of junk! lol.

Thanks for the reply tho TerrorF..! You've just added the cherry to the top of my final decision! ;)

Lol I got my 8500Lp off Unity Etail, but I am not so happy with their services.
    I ordered the card like 3 months ago and the card is still not in my hands yet (even though I spent a month on holidays) and going to send them E-Mails AGAIn tomarrow

Geez! 3 months is waaaay overboard! As far as I know tho, they get most of their stuff online for their customers on request... so maybe it's a matter of availability online???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Cancel Order

I want to cancel the order, but I can't because they already have the card.
    They said they will deliver the card to me 1 or 2 weeks ago and asked for my address and crap but they still havn't delivered it to me yet!

they havent honored their deal as far as im concerned. you can call your credit card company up and ask for a chargeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Legally they have fullfill orders within one month. If not they have to give you your money back, just so you know. This is even if they are special order items.

But they already have the card in their store, I can't just ask for a refund now and they won't do it anyway.
    I think I might just ring them up few more times and send them few more E-mails to force them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Not suggesting you should cancel, just want to let you know where you stand if they are being unhelpful. Hope you get your card soon.

Oh thank you for everyone concerning about this ^^
    And I hope I get my Card as soon as possible too

Advertisement