Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good hairdresser to dye hair a bold colour

Options
  • 01-05-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Hi there..

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Galway city I could go to get the ends of my hair dyed electric pink or a red...I had a thread here a while back about how I went to my usual hairdresser in town and asked her to dye part of my hair 'fire-truck' red, but she never bleached my hair first, saying it come out fine...obviously it didnt. I got tinted red and was pretty annoyed so she let me off some money.

A friend suggested Bellisimo as she goes to their place in Limerick..I dont want skanky pink, just for the ends of it..about 3-4 inches of it...Ive dark hair.

Also, the same girl suggested getting the colour code from the hairdresser then going to the supplies store in Liosban to do it myself as it fades very quick...

Suggestions, names, places and even prices all much appreciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 scaradhg

the hut is pretty good...pamela is colourist there me thinks..very nice n sinead is grt for cuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I think we need to see a picture of you, to decide if you should do it or not first.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

My friend has that done, I just PM her there, got it done in Kulture Kurl. It's dead funky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

urban hair. donna.

no hairdresser in all the land will be able to give you pink unless you have not got any yellow in your bleached hair, it'll go red. tbh to get pure colours like purple ect white hairs better. if its red you want it should be easy to get even with yellowy hair. i have rouge staregazer in my prebleached hair. looks nice and fades to a wonderful hot pink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

By the stuff yourself, get pissed, have it done by randomers in the bathroom of the Roisin Dubh or such. Post pics for us afterwards. Much more entertaining for all, and cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

tristanc wrote: »
    By the stuff yourself, get pissed, have it done by randomers in the bathroom of the Roisin Dubh or such. Post pics for us afterwards. Much more entertaining for all, and cheaper.

Reminds me of two brothers i used to play football with. they dyed each others hair red after bleeching, but in a short while they had grapefruit coloured hair, and they were the butt of many jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

DIY!!

for some reason none of the hair dye manufacturers have bothered their bums to develop permanent colours that arent red/brown/black. (ok obviously its for moneymakin reasons but whatever!)

get B-Blonde bleach in boots.. about 7 or 8 euro.. and get a friend to help you with it. leave it in longer than they say also..(only 10 mins or so though)
    DO NOT CONDITION!!! or use the shampoo that comes with it cos its conditioning. do wash it REALLY well though and try leave it for a day or two washing it a few times.

also get La Riche Directions hair dye.. not so available in galway but quite cheap on Ebay, got some for about 4euro a tub. if ur only doing the ends it will last about 3 or 5 dyings. also available in George's arcade in dublin and Asha in stephen;s green. (i get my sister to get it there for me)

it says on the instructions to leave it in 15 mins.. leave it AT LEAST 2 hours. all day if possible. and wrap it in cling film or plastic for the duration. CONDITION WELL after!!!

enjoy!!

btw i find the rose red really nice, its a bright pink, or poppy red which is sort of a pinkish red as opposed to an orangey red. the dye is really easy to use and really vibrant.. comes up really well even if the hair isnt bleached totally white.. ive been doin mine for 6 years..:D and the dye is really conditioning too.

it will work out cheaper and last longer is what im trying to get at here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Thanks for all the tips! I dunno if Ive the patience and skill to DIY altho I guess I'll have to be topping it up every few washes! I think I might get it done prof once (I had a disasterous accident years back as a kid when I let a friend dye my hair...let's juts say I know all about the grapefruit phase..) then i'll top it up myself....nervous chicken that I am!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Oh I forgot!

I had my hair dyed deep blue in the House of Grafton a few years ago... they had a few colours at the time. Might be worth checking out?

• Advertisement

That b blonde bleach stuff is dead cheap at the mo in boots for anyone interested

Advertisement