Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Home Cinema Volume Problems

• 01-05-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I just bought a Sony HT-SS1100 and the volume, even on max, is really bad. At 50% it's inaudible, it's only when I get it to 75% does it become audible, and at max it's just about useable, (would be the equivalent to maybe 10-15% volume of my Samsung HDTV).

I tried the Auto-calibration thingy and it always gives me the error that it couldn't detect any speakers, the manual suggests that the Calibration mic isn't connected, so I did it again and moved the mic around and put it up close to all but one speaker and got the message that one speaker wasn't detected, so that's not the problem, the problem is that the speaker volume is so low it can't pick it up.

The manual talks about ensuring "The protective device on the receiver has been activated" in the Troubleshooting section but I have no idea what it's talking about here?

Any ideas as to what the problem could be??

I searched Google but nothing to help me and customer support is closed til tomorrow and I really wanna get it going so I can play GTA IV the way it should be played :D...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Ste05 wrote: »
    Hi all, I just bought a Sony HT-SS1100 and the volume, even on max, is really bad. At 50% it's inaudible, it's only when I get it to 75% does it become audible, and at max it's just about useable, (would be the equivalent to maybe 10-15% volume of my Samsung HDTV).

I tried the Auto-calibration thingy and it always gives me the error that it couldn't detect any speakers, the manual suggests that the Calibration mic isn't connected, so I did it again and moved the mic around and put it up close to all but one speaker and got the message that one speaker wasn't detected, so that's not the problem, the problem is that the speaker volume is so low it can't pick it up.

The manual talks about ensuring "The protective device on the receiver has been activated" in the Troubleshooting section but I have no idea what it's talking about here?

Any ideas as to what the problem could be??

I searched Google but nothing to help me and customer support is closed til tomorrow and I really wanna get it going so I can play GTA IV the way it should be played :D...

Thanks in advance.

I presume you have triple checked your wiring, make sure that you haven't shorted anything by putting the + of one speaker wire into the - or + of the wrong speaker output.

Try with a different source sky digibox or something, then try an analog (red and white phono connection, or use the other cable that came with the ps3 and plug the stereo left and right RCA connector in and see if its the same with a different source.

Or try and plug in left and right speakers only then gradually add the rest of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Victor_M wrote: »
    I presume you have triple checked your wiring, make sure that you haven't shorted anything by putting the + of one speaker wire into the - or + of the wrong speaker output.

Try with a different source sky digibox or something, then try an analog (red and white phono connection, or use the other cable that came with the ps3 and plug the stereo left and right RCA connector in and see if its the same with a different source.

Or try and plug in left and right speakers only then gradually add the rest of them.
    Thanks Victor, I rang support and they sent me to a repairer who's looking at it, he thinks an output something or other is probably blown. I did try checking all the wiring etc. and the different source's etc. it has an inbuilt radio which I used as the best check so as to make sure it wasn't my connection from sources, and double and triple checked the speaker inputs, but still nothing. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

Thanks again

Advertisement