Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

german to english, dethleffs 6970 info

• 01-05-2008 8:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭

hi guys,
    i went to germany and brought a 1997 dethleffs 6970, mint cond. very good service from the german dealer.
    one wee problem, my manuals are in german, can anyone help please, maybe someone has a similar camper, and would photocopy for me, i would pay for it. thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Translations are peasants speciality...hope you brought him back some German beer as payment.
    Well done on purchase, if your only problem is translations then you've done well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If you have specific questions, I could help with the odd sentence ..just not the whole booklet.

Other than that, maybe ask the people at Dethleffs UK

http://www.dethleffs.co.uk/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭scully74

hi,
    ya i think i done well on deal, they collected me from airport and all.
    no pressure to buy, very patience, no chance for beer or wine, had to do a 1500 km trip to cherbourg to get the ferry home, got there with an hour to spare, but i'll be back ther soon on hols.....:D:D

peasant wrote: »
    If you have specific questions, I could help with the odd sentence ..just not the whole booklet.

Other than that, maybe ask the people at Dethleffs UK

http://www.dethleffs.co.uk/

thanks peasant, its mainly to do with the toilet, how often do i empty it, where do i get chemical solution for it, how to empty it:eek:,

Who did you buy off, if I may ask ?

• Advertisement

scully74 wrote: »
    thanks peasant, its mainly to do with the toilet, how often do i empty it, where do i get chemical solution for it, how to empty it:eek:,

that depends if it is a cassette toilet or one with a fixed tank.

The cassette should have an indicator (a green thing going red the fuller it gets) and is fairly easy to empty from the outside.

Pretty self-explanatory really, just practice with an empty one first.

What you put in is one of the Aquachem products of your choice (religious wars have been fought over which one is supposed to be best:D) you can get those in any camping shop and on quite a few campsites even.

If it's a fixed tank, there should be a lever somewhere (inside or under the vehicle) tha opens the valve and a pipe where the unpleasantness flows out. Best results are achieved when said pipe meets up with an appropriate disposal receptacle ...otherwise it gets messy :D

Who did you buy off, if I may ask ?

i bought it off this dealer near hamburg http://www.wohnmobil-galerie.de/page_englisch/index.htm.
    i think some threads refer to them

that depends if it is a cassette toilet or one with a fixed tank.

The cassette should have an indicator (a green thing going red the fuller it gets) and is fairly easy to empty from the outside.

Pretty self-explanatory really, just practice with an empty one first.

What you put in is one of the Aquachem products of your choice (religious wars have been fought over which one is supposed to be best:D) you can get those in any camping shop and on quite a few campsites even.

If it's a fixed tank, there should be a lever somewhere (inside or under the vehicle) tha opens the valve and a pipe where the unpleasantness flows out. Best results are achieved when said pipe meets up with an appropriate disposal receptacle ...otherwise it gets messy :D

its the casette one, a little box that slides out, looks complicated, pipe and wires???

It's along time since I've handled a cassette (mine has a tank),

try Thetfords site http://www.thetford.com/HOME/ApplicationHome/RecreationalApplication/tabid/85/Default.aspx

they do have downloadable manuals on some of their products

This will probably come closest to what you have

http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PARTS/PermanentToilets/C402CandC403LCassette/tabid/569/Default.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

The pipes & wires sounds like a Sog unit, if it is then you can download info here.
    Sog units are supposed to eliminate the need for chemicals.

To empty tank there a latch at the bottom, slide it out and dispose of contents.
    Remove yellow cap and warning.... Press the yellow button slowly to allow air in. Too fast and you're covered in the contents. (I've done it on my first outing)

• Advertisement

stapeler wrote: »
    The pipes & wires sounds like a Sog unit, if it is then you can download info here.
    Sog units are supposed to eliminate the need for chemicals.

To empty tank there a latch at the bottom, slide it out and dispose of contents.
    Remove yellow cap and warning.... Press the yellow button slowly to allow air in. Too fast and you're covered in the contents. (I've done it on my first outing)

:D:D thats the one, thak you very much:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 muttsnutts1

Some good news The Motorcaravan Club have English versions of the German books on the Dethleff, Burstner and the Hymers, they even have a very good little publication called simply "Now you have bought it what next":p
    The Mutt

Some good news The Motorcaravan Club have English versions of the German books on the Dethleff, Burstner and the Hymers, they even have a very good little publication called simply "Now you have bought it what next":p
    The Mutt

Would they be for sale to non members ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

scully74 wrote: »
    hi guys,
    i went to germany and brought a 1997 dethleffs 6970, mint cond. very good service from the german dealer.
    one wee problem, my manuals are in german, can anyone help please, maybe someone has a similar camper, and would photocopy for me, i would pay for it. thanks for any help

I've joined the Detleffs Owners club -- http://www.dethleffsowners.co.uk - and got a translated manual from them... there are a few members over here and they offer some good technical support and advice ... a useful €15 spent..

Chris

Advertisement