Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini DV Tapes

• 01-05-2008 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody might know where I can get 80 minute Mini DV tapes online? I can only seem to find 60 minute ones. I think that the 80 minutes is as long as mini dv tapes can be.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody might know where I can get 80 minute Mini DV tapes online? I can only seem to find 60 minute ones. I think that the 80 minutes is as long as mini dv tapes can be.

Thanks!

There are 90min DV tapes on ebay for around 30euro for 10. But they are LP / (Long Play) VHS used this tech as well, not sure if it has implications for editing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭musicinmouth

Thanks, I think that when you record in long-play, you lose quite a lot of quality. That's what I read anyway. I found 80 minute tapes on a site Expansys, so I might get it from there. Thanks anyway for your reply, I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 squires1

just wonderin' if you had any joy getting those tapes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

They're great for quality and storage but beware using LP as this will cut down on the quality (still much better than MPEG4 DVD/SD) which is usually 25fps on the SP. You usually fine the 60mins tapes on SP will also do 90mins LP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

If you are recording on MiniDV tapes, then you will be recording digitally. This means that everything is, in affect, recorded as a series of ones and zeros (binary). There is NO difference in quality between recording SP or LP mode on standard 60 minute DV tapes. The recordings will be identical. However, the only cautionary note is that there can be more issues in LP mode such as dropped frames. Not too much of a worry if you are not a pro.

In any case, you can get 80 minute DV tapes here (but they are expensive): http://www.stanleysonline.co.uk/category-98.htm

Best of luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement