Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nowhere else id rather be!

Options
  • 01-05-2008 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

So as i left swimming tonight at 7pm i looked out west along Galway Bay and admired the view and thought to myself when the sun shines in Galway there really is nowhere else id rather be! Am i right my fellow Galwegians and Galwegian wannabe's!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

ah yes....unfortunately I'm 7k miles away right now, and clicking my heels isn't working....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Yeah I love sunsets @ Salthill, truly beautiful! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't know, I'm pretty happy where I am at the moment. (In my bed, in Mammy's house, in Cork.) I'll definitely be sad to leave Galway next month though. If I got a job there I'd be back in a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Half my friends are always ranting about how desperate they are to leave this '****hole'. Not that they have much to argue for their case, they all leave in big houses with wealthy parents and have had easy lives, so I think there's a ridiculous social conditioning...I really don't know where it comes from. Personally I love Ireland and specifically Galway...I'd be happy to live here for the rest of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Yep, that's Galway! The sun shines and it's the most beautiful place in the world, makes you instantly forget about the months and months of winter when we lived in the most miserable, sodden, depressing place on the planet.

It's not quite warm enough to don the G-string speedo and stroll along the beach but Go Summer!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It's quite nice alright, hard to beat the prom.

The Eye has a fantastic view of the sunset. Many a time I spent down the bar gazing out those windows.

But to answer the question; no place I'd rather be? At the Cellar bar with a full irish in front of me, a cup of tea to my right and my friend's gathered 'round.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Its true, when the sun shines, there really isn't another town like it. That said, I've recently realised Galway is my graveyard of ambition and need to light a fire under my ass! I will return, oh yes...but until then, California here I come! (i hope)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

im just happy the sun is shining again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I love Galway, would live nowhere else, only problem is traffic...but thankfully I'm well able to walk my way out of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

hey - does anyone have a pic of a galway sunset??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

Ya, I love the prom. Galway is the best place in the world!!

I love Galway, would live nowhere else, only problem is traffic...but thankfully I'm well able to walk my way out of that!

Oh God, I wont miss the traffic!

On a dry day I love walking in Galway. You get to see all the characters!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

im just happy the sun is shining again!!
    jaysus, you must be depressed most of the whole year round then are you??
    id get that seen into if i were you:p

ya no, im out foreign for the year so im really looking forward to being back in city of the tribes again...

bet i wont be saying that in a couple of months time when im back in gmit studying in the library or in the it centre and dont really get to see the light of day from monday to friday......now thats depressing:(:(:(

One of the most relaxing places I have ever been had to have been the Pier down in Barna.

I would walk down there when it was dark and sit near the water. Sometimes the stars would be out glittering in the sky, like a million diamonds and the moon would reflect against the water. The waves washing against the rocks would overpower the sound of traffic in the distance. I would sit there for hours sometimes just staring out at the stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Nice prose there BABM! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

My medium term life plan involves living in Galway.. Maybe for a masters or somesuch... I love Galway so much =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭leiwand

brisk walk down the prom.kick the wall.followed by a creamy pint in wards.bliss!!!!

btw op do you have any connection with steyr in austria?

b.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Steyr wrote: »
    So as i left swimming tonight at 7pm i looked out west along Galway Bay and admired the view and thought to myself when the sun shines in Galway there really is nowhere else id rather be! Am i right my fellow Galwegians and Galwegian wannabe's!:)

Don't get used to it as most Saturday's during the summer you'll see me tearing across that beautiful view in a powerboat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

DonalN wrote: »

Here's some from my bebo page... Man I really miss Galway in the fine weather!

Sunset
    351377559a5362417376l.jpg

Salthill Prom
    351377559a5362354103l.jpg

Blackrock
    351377559a5362354146l.jpg

Mr. Whippy!!
    351377559a5362354194l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Roundstone on a sunny afternoon fishing is the perfect thing in my life.Silverstrand in Barna on a sunny day you can see the reflection of Shannon.
    P.S I'M 200% SOBER.BOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Don't get used to it as most Saturday's during the summer you'll see me tearing across that beautiful view in a powerboat :D

I may be doing the exact same if we get one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

DonalN wrote: »

I will upload my dads one.

Steyr wrote: »
    I may be doing the exact same if we get one!

Buy my one ;)

I used to have the 'big' boat on Galway Bay last summer - it was great.... i've never been swimming AT the Cliffs of Moher before:
    dscn1357lg2.th.jpg

Some sunset pics on Galway bay:
    dscn1406ju9.th.jpg

dscn1428dn7.th.jpg

Sunset at Rinville Bay, Oranmore:
    dscn1400gl7.th.jpg

I'm mainly gonna have the new racing boat out the bay this summer - i'll be going too fast/flying too high out of the water to take pics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Has this thread been sponsored by Tourism Ireland? :D

ethernet wrote: »

You think I could sell those pics to Tourism Ireland? Cha ching! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Some crackin' piccies there.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

lived in galway (in westside) for about 6 years between studying and work, would leave to be back down there!

ethernet wrote: »

They probably saw all the knacker dwarf threads and decided to take action!

• Advertisement

One of the most relaxing places I have ever been had to have been the Pier down in Barna.

I would walk down there when it was dark and sit near the water. Sometimes the stars would be out glittering in the sky, like a million diamonds and the moon would reflect against the water. The waves washing against the rocks would overpower the sound of traffic in the distance. I would sit there for hours sometimes just staring out at the stars.

Gay orgy at Barna Beach

Is there something you're not telling us? :eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement