Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Settlement Cheque from Car Insurance Company

Options
  • 01-05-2008 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I am due the above,

Can anyone recommend what I should give back to the Insurance Company!

Car Keys YES

VRC Cert ? NO SURE

ROAD TAX DISC TAKENOUT OFF CAR ALREADY!

ALSO should I notifiy the Road Tax on STATUS OF CAR!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The insurance company may look for the VLC or VRC depending on the year of the car.

I think there is a form to fill out from the DOE in Shannon regarding the scrapping of the car.

Best thing to do is to enquire from both to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 irishdxradio

bazz26 wrote: »
    The insurance company may look for the VLC or VRC depending on the year of the car.

I think there is a form to fill out from the DOE in Shannon regarding the scrapping of the car.

Best thing to do is to enquire from both to be sure.

Car is 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Insurance company should be able to tell you what they need from you.

Your local Motor Tax office should be able to tell what form you need to fill out regarding the scrapping of the car.

Is the car a complete write off or just an economic write off?

Advertisement