Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ST prices 08/09

Options
  • 01-05-2008 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Looks like an extra 10% if COYS board is correct.
    Offset by 20% sterling drop for us!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I'd be a bit disappointed it that is the case Galinka (but not suprised).

Finishing outside the top 10 league places and the fact that home fans have seen us win only 8 out of 18 league games this season at the Lane, does not warrant a 10% hike.

Still thats 21st Century Professional Football for ya. I'm sure that spurs will not be unique in raising prices again. Have these f*ckers not heard that we're going into recession. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I'd be a bit disappointed it that is the case Galinka (but not suprised).

Finishing outside the top 10 league places and the fact that home fans have seen us win only 8 out of 18 league games this season at the Lane, does not warrant a 10% hike.

Still thats 21st Century Professional Football for ya. I'm sure that spurs will not be unique in raising prices again. Have these f*ckers not heard that we're going into recession. :mad:

Anyone have any stats on ticket hikes around the EPL this year - would be interesting!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

John W wrote: »
    Anyone have any stats on ticket hikes around the EPL this year - would be interesting!:eek:

Last season we were one of only four clubs to increase ST prices IIRC. Most froze theirs, a couple dropped their prices, and Everton gave one away with a One2One mobile phone contract...:D

This year I believe Villa are set to raise theirs, I'd expect United to do the same. Chelsea have frozen theirs for the third year running (in effect a reduction considering inflation)

Yet again we will buck the trend, and they will use the new stadium (when it's finally announced) plus the cost of last year's signings to justify it.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/docstore/STprices.pdf

Now the season's over (some might say it was in Feb...:D) they've seen fit to announce the increases, obviously didn't want to upset the sales of new kit or the last home game with angry punters.

Mine is up an inflation-busting 9%.

By their own calculations, this will net the club a whopping £1.5m, or about a £30k a week pay packet for one of the new signings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/docstore/STprices.pdf

Now the season's over (some might say it was in Feb...:D) they've seen fit to announce the increases, obviously didn't want to upset the sales of new kit or the last home game with angry punters.

Mine is up an inflation-busting 9%.

By their own calculations, this will net the club a whopping £1.5m, or about a £30k a week pay packet for one of the new signings.

Could have got an extra 750k or 14k a week by finishing 10th - guess it is easier just to do the punter up the ARSE!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Would like to see a club by club comparison if anyone finds one.

I must be fcuking mad, am phoning tomorrow to renew my Platinum ST at approx €1800...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I must be fcuking mad, am phoning tomorrow to renew my Platinum ST at approx €1800...:eek:

football is a drug man its hard to get off it:D.I see you changed your mind on the away season ticket.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    football is a drug man its hard to get off it:D.I see you changed your mind on the away season ticket.

Aye, the exchange rate is too good! Over £100 more than last season yet €200 less...:eek:

I wouldn't mind but I'm away nearly all of September, have few chances to get over before that...and I'm off to Vegas in November...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Knew you would - Yiddo, Yiddo, Yiddo, Yiddo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Would like to see a club by club comparison if anyone finds one.

Portsmouth top the list of clubs who have announced huge increases in admission charges. The FA Cup winners have put up the price of their season tickets for next season by 17.5 per cent.

Most of their fellow Premier League clubs have also hoisted prices by more than twice the rate of inflation - currently running at three per cent - and they have done so despite reaping a record £1.7 billion from television deals last season. The average cost of a season ticket is now £590.

Blackburn's prices have increased by 12.9 per cent, Tottenham's mid-priced season tickets are up by 10.7 per cent and even Wigan, hardly the best supported club in the division, have put prices up by 10 per cent.

At the other end of the scale, Chelsea have imposed no rise at all while season tickets at Arsenal are up by just 2.6 per cent. On average, however, prices have gone up by eight per cent. A statement from Tottenham said they needed the extra cash "to progress both on and off the pitch". Bolton, Liverpool and Newcastle have yet to reveal their prices for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Hey Ronan with all the new signings (rumour mill in overdrive) it will be cheap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Mine arrived yesterday - £775 (ouch)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

£755 but was owed £25 by Ticket Exchange! So its still about €100 less than last season!

Now for some success on the pitch.:D

Advertisement