Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National conference league

• 01-05-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

So the league has change again i see.Well good luck to all teams :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 wicked chicken

Can anybody tell me how the national conference play off works.......sorry guys i'm all confussed:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Can anybody tell me how the national conference play off works.......sorry guys i'm all confussed:confused:

I'd reckon the top four will play off 1v4, 2v3 then the winners play each other in the final.

The new teams are Ballanahinch from Ulster and Western Warriors from Galway. Landsdowne look like a rebranded Dublin Blues.

I'd reckon the top four will play off 1v4, 2v3 then the winners play each other in the final.

The new teams are Ballanahinch from Ulster and Western Warriors from Galway. Landsdowne look like a rebranded Dublin Blues.
    Cheers, So do the winners get promoted and then play for overall conference winner??? 2up from conference and 2down from elite and finals are overall winners in each league.:pac:

Cheers, So do the winners get promoted and then play for overall conference winner??? 2up from conference and 2down from elite and finals are overall winners in each league.:pac:

I would hope that would be how promotion works, unless the RLI decide to grow the Elite League and have plenty of applicants for the conference in which case it may just be two up.

Yes, the winner of each playoff will be the league chmions reardless of league position.

I would hope that would be how promotion works, unless the RLI decide to grow the Elite League and have plenty of applicants for the conference in which case it may just be two up.

Yes, the winner of each playoff will be the league chmions reardless of league position.
    Just can't get my head around it, You (team) wins all matchs first in the league at end of season! I think 1 & 2 gets promoted and there u play playoff between 1&4 1&3 and final 1&2 and can still lost league????. It just sounds unfair to me, is it just to make a few more matchs, wouldn't a plate/cup comp be better ? Would like to hear views please!!!;)

• Advertisement

It's just a simplified version of the NRL and SuperLeague matches, I think the same happens in the AIL too.

The winner would be the minor league winners, the play-off winners the overall champions.

Advertisement