Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ssg 69

Options
  • 01-05-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hey All
    Does anyone fire a styer SSG69 and if so what calibre and how do you like it,(pros & cons) Im looking for a bit of info with a view to a purchase.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Am in the process of getting a 69 K model [thats basically a short barrel version] in 243.Have used it in Germany for hunting deer in 308. I like it as it has for me anyway a very fast bolt action.Even being a left hooker,I can work it pretty fast.Some folks dont like the plastic style stock,but that is a matter of taste.It can be abit of a problem getting different scope rings.You are somwhat limited to the original Steyr throw lever type.[Expensive].Other fault is the mag well,hard plastic that seems to break pretty easy in cold weather. Ten round rotary mag is very good and also there is 20 rnd mags available,about as rare as the winning lottery ticket.
    That said it is still a very accurate piece in the right hands.And is still ,despite being made in 1969,a sniper rifle all others still measure up against. Cant really go too far wrong with one.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement