Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

America for the summer

• 01-05-2008 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

hey just wondering if anyone could help me with a little problem.
    im heading to the California for just over 2 months this summer, with no J1.
    is there a minimum amount of cash u got to have in your bank account to be allowed get into the country for that long?:confused:
    would appreciate the help,
    cheers
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

It's supposed to be 1 grand per month or 400 if staying with friends/relatives. But i doubt they'll check. I'd a mate visit me on the VWP and stayed for 2 months and he was never asked. You are legally entitled to 90 days so once you have a return flight before then you should be grand. But since you can't work i'd assume you have at least 2 grand anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭moomoo2007

Hey im also wondering if you were to go to USA say boston or something for the summer without a J1 as ive finished college last year, would it be harder to get work? Or are there any useful websites for accomadation/ summer work in the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

There is no option to go work in the US for the summer outside of a J1 visa or other work visas which are designed for long term employment and can be difficult to get. Irish citizens can travel as part of the VWP and stay for 90 days. But you are not entitled to work or study under this.

Usit have programs for summer camp work and such but you have to work within the program you apply for. You can't just go off and find your own job once you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Spencer87

Mirrorboy wrote: »
    hey just wondering if anyone could help me with a little problem.
    im heading to the California for just over 2 months this summer, with no J1.
    is there a minimum amount of cash u got to have in your bank account to be allowed get into the country for that long?:confused:
    would appreciate the help,
    cheers
    :)

you need a grand for each month

Advertisement