Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun licence

Options
  • 01-05-2008 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi

looking for some advice, I have applied for a .22 rifle licence and seven weeks have past. how long should I wait ? I have a gun safe, the house is alarmed and I am a memeber of a gun club and target shoot quite often. I have no crimnal record and even have insurance. I have even bought a gun case for transporting the rifle.

thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

paraman wrote: »
    looking for some advice, I have applied for a .22 gun licence and seven weeks have past. how long should I wait ? I have a gun safe, the house is alarmed and I am a memeber of a gun club and target shoot quite often. I have no crimnal record and even have insurance. I have even bought a gun case for transporting the rifle.

It depends on the district, the workloads of the FAO, the Superintendent, the CPO (sometimes), the criminal records checking people, the phase of the moon... :)

Mine took roughly 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Mine took five or six weeks (not that they told me then :rolleyes:). You can contact the firearms section in the Phoenix Park, which is what I eventually did, to find my licence had been dealt with several weeks previously. Here's a link to the information you'll need and some people's experiences. You may well find it's sitting in your local station. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

hi

looking for some advice, I have applied for a .22 rifle licence and seven weeks have past. how long should I wait ? I have a gun safe, the house is alarmed and I am a memeber of a gun club and target shoot quite often. I have no crimnal record and even have insurance. I have even bought a gun case for transporting the rifle.

thanks

You are entitled to receive your licence or a reason for refusal within two months,otherwise you can take it further,as in contacting N.A.R.G.C with details of your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It's three months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

My last one took 5 months :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

My last one took 5 months :o

Ah, that's only because it's you bunny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

hi

thanks

Pop in to your station and ask how it's going. You could phone them also. It does no harm and lets them know you're serious about it. Paperwork is the bane of the Garda's existence, so it's resisted at every opportunity :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

rrpc wrote: »
    Ah, that's only because it's you bunny :D

Probably :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 paraman

thanks for the quick reply everyone, going to ring garda HQ , Mary,it will have to wait untill Tuesday because of bank holiday. just back from gun club shooting 9mm pistols great fun

Advertisement