Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Star!

Options
  • 01-05-2008 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

I just saw a shooting star about 5 mins ago when I when out for a smoke. I'm in Tallaght, looking roughly north. It lasted for about 3 seconds starting as a bright white point of light moving west to east and then changed to a light blue colour after about 2 seconds with a faint red tail. It disappeared behind a house blocking my view then :(

Anyone else see it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

I just saw a shooting star about 5 mins ago when I when out for a smoke. I'm in Tallaght, looking roughly north. It lasted for about 3 seconds starting as a bright white point of light moving west to east and then changed to a light blue colour after about 2 seconds with a faint red tail. It disappeared behind a house blocking my view then :(

Anyone else see it?

Yes I did, I was driving north on the M1 last night (about 11.30 or so) and saw the same thing. However I did see the end of the meteor. Just after the red tail appeared it broke up and faded out. 'Twas a nice blue colour alright

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

As you can see from the other thread, there is a meteor shower this weekend. Keep looking and see what you can see.

Advertisement