Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll for 3 Broadband Customers 12 months on

Options
  • 01-05-2008 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

Mods - feel free to delete this poll if you deem it necessary. I'm not trying to be inflammatory - I'm just interested to know what other 3 customers are thinking of doing when their 12 months contract with 3 is up.

When your 12 month contract with 3 is up, will you... 16 votes

Stay with 3 because you're happy with the service
    0% 0 votes
    Stay with 3 because you've got no other options
    12% 2 votes
    Cancel and move to another provider
    25% 4 votes
    Cancel and go back to dial-up
    37% 6 votes
    Don't know
    18% 3 votes
    Doesn't apply anymore - ex-3 customer
    6% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rotti Express

I'm an ex Three customer. Luckily I got out of the contract before my 14 day trial was up but it was close! It is a sad indictment of the stage of broadband in this country when people have to stay with piss poor providers (and I don't just mean Three) because theres no chice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

<mod hat> Poll is grand. </mod hat>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

I'm one of those that will be staying with the service and happy to do so......OK, I don't get the advertised speeds in either Dublin 15 or Meath, but for €20 a month I get speeds 6 or 7 times that of the 180 hours dial up ISDN (64k) that was costing me 3 times the price. Its also nice to get broadband without putting money in Eircoms pocket!

I know 3 aren't perfect, and they've caused a lot of hassle for some people here but I for one am grateful to them for introducing a reasonably priced product to an extremely non-competitive market (To this day, despite my local exchange being finally enabled, I don't qualify for DSL).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I'll be cancelling - I'm only weeks away from my 12 months being up. I rent and have moved around a few times so I'm not in a position to sign up for DSL (bring on the property crash! :cool:) Maybe other people are having a good experience with 3 but for me, it's practically unusable in the evenings and has been for the vast majority of the time I've been with them. I had reason to use dial-up recently and it was a sobering experience to realise that it was crawling along at the same speed as my 3 connection :eek: The only difference being, the dial-up didn't time out.

I'm looking forward to ringing up my friends the script monkeys of Mumbai and telling them "Hasta La Vista, Baby"

Advertisement