Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spin's Breakfast Express - Is it the worst piece of radio ever?

• 02-05-2008 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

What is your opinion on Spin's Breakfast Express show? I usually listen to 98fm in the mornings on the way to work but I switch around a bit. Is it just me or is Spin's breakfast show the worst radio ever? The two guys - Joe and Keith are the most annoyingly unfunny presenters I have ever heard.

I'm just curious as to what you guys think of this show? Be honest. A large number of people have mentioned this to me without me even having to bring up the topic. I think Spin could do a lot better. Am I completely exadurating? What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

C'mon Slicklink, what you gotta say about this loaded "rant" then ? :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Boardsbud wrote: »
    C'mon Slicklink, what you gotta say about this loaded "rant" then ? :rolleyes:

Please do not drag arguments from one thread into another or you will end up with an infraction or ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Please do not drag arguments from one thread into another or you will end up with an infraction....

Now that's funny.
    For all those threads about how moderating on this site can be ridiculous at times, there's a quote for yis.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Jip wrote: »
    Now that's funny.
    For all those threads about how moderating on this site can be ridiculous at times, there's a quote for yis.

If you wish to discuss the moderation of this forum please do so by PM.

I would appreciate it if comments in this thread could be on topic from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

They are awful. Their 'comedy' skits actually put me a a bad mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Agreed. The odd time I've tuned in, I've found them painfully unfunny.

The voices they put on dont sound anything like the person they are supposed to be mimicking.

One of them, not sure which, sounds the exact same as Gerry Daly (of Gardening with Gerry Daly fame).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

mick_irl wrote: »
    Agreed. The odd time I've tuned in, I've found them painfully unfunny.

The voices they put on dont sound anything like the person they are supposed to be mimicking.

One of them, not sure which, sounds the exact same as Gerry Daly (of Gardening with Gerry Daly fame).

At least one of the impersonations works ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The angry farmer or the "skit" on the lad with the shop, WTF :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Awful tripe and they really can't do any accents. Just stop trying lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Irishoz wrote: »
    What is your opinion on Spin's Breakfast Express show? I usually listen to 98fm in the mornings on the way to work but I switch around a bit. Is it just me or is Spin's breakfast show the worst radio ever? The two guys - Joe and Keith are the most annoyingly unfunny presenters I have ever heard.

I'm just curious as to what you guys think of this show? Be honest. A large number of people have mentioned this to me without me even having to bring up the topic. I think Spin could do a lot better. Am I completely exadurating? What do you think?

Whatever about Spin, but 98fm's morning programme is the worst on the radio. It's full of badly attempted jokes coupled with lots of fake laughing. I've taken 98fm off my channels it's that bad. I really don't understand 98fm's appeal.

I like Breakfast Express. All morning programmes attempt to be funny ala 98fm and fm104 and I think Spin's is the best out of those 3 anyway. Their sense of humour is based on sarcasm and I find it funny. Some of the sketches are crap especially the eurosaver person..but George Hook is very good. Their quizzes albeit cheap, are cleverly done and worth listening to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

I actually like Joe and Keith. I think the show is quite amusing in some ways..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Irishoz

Their skits don't ever sound like anything like the person they are ment to be mimicing. For Matt Cooper they just put an inflection on their voice go "I'm MaTT CooPER...." and the skit of the unhelpful woman - assumpta or whatever her name is, is the most annoying thing, it just consists of them raising the tone of their voice to sound like a woman and the problem is always the same - someone calls up some business and asks to book/buy something and she is unhelpful. It was funny the first 5 times but now i just wanna kick my radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Trampas

I don't really like breakfast radio as prefer to listen to music than jokes (mostly unfunny).

Them toll trolls. Them voices do my head in and they aren't even funny

MP3 in the morning and radio in the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Blackjackdavey

utterly awful tripe. really its worse than that Jack & Ally show they used to have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Trampas wrote: »
    I don't really like breakfast radio as prefer to listen to music than jokes (mostly unfunny).

Them toll trolls. Them voices do my head in and they aren't even funny

MP3 in the morning and radio in the evening.

God no I love the toll trolls. They're hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

petals wrote: »
    God no I love the toll trolls. They're hilarious!

Wow never met anyone that has freely admitted that. What is it that you find funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

ateam wrote: »
    Wow never met anyone that has freely admitted that. What is it that you find funny!
    Agreed I HATE the trolls....I thought only pre-teens found them funny. As for Joe and Keith I love them, I especially love Jacinta and Old Mr Brennan :D

Listened to 98FM a few times and have to agree that the fake laughing winds me up! Grrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Irishoz wrote: »
    Their skits don't ever sound like anything like the person they are ment to be mimicing. For Matt Cooper they just put an inflection on their voice go "I'm MaTT CooPER...." and the skit of the unhelpful woman - assumpta or whatever her name is, is the most annoying thing, it just consists of them raising the tone of their voice to sound like a woman and the problem is always the same - someone calls up some business and asks to book/buy something and she is unhelpful. It was funny the first 5 times but now i just wanna kick my radio

You pretty much nailed it there mate :)

Advertisement