Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opal Fruits are back......!!!!!!

• 02-05-2008 2:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,870 ✭✭✭✭

........but only in the UK :(

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2008/05/01/fruity-return-86908-20400872/
    Opal Fruits set to return 10 years after being replaced by Starburst
    May 1 2008

OPAL Fruits are making a comeback 10 years after being replaced by Starburst.

In a nod to the past, makers Mars have revived them for a three-month period.

And the-old style flavours - strawberry, orange, lemon and lime - will return.

However, there will be no artificial colours or flavours this time round.

They will be in Asda stores only, from next week. Asda said: "We're really excited."

I always call Starburst 'Opal Fruits' anyway. Keep it old skool.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

LEMON OPAL FRUITS FTW! bring them back to Ireland now!

was that really 10 years ago? Jaysus I'm old :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

No artificial colours or flavours? They are going to taste awful! Like Smarties.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, isn't that old school. They were made to make my mouth water, you know!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Funny, I was about to start a thread praising Starburst. They're really tasty these days.

I'll let you guys know how the Opel Fruits are :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I am salvitating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Faith wrote: »
    Funny, I was about to start a thread praising Starburst. They're really tasty these days.

Post me a pack.

JIZZLORD,
    Galway,
    Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Archeron

There are some kind of themed packs, and I got a pack last week which all tasted like sucking a lemon, but in an eye wateringly bitter make strange faces kind of way. The strawberry themed version are lovely though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Archeron wrote: »
    There are some kind of themed packs, and I got a pack last week which all tasted like sucking a lemon, but in an eye wateringly bitter make strange faces kind of way. The strawberry themed version are lovely though.

Ah yes, the "vinegar stroke" edition!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

No they're not!! Really can't stand the new ones! Was a thread here recently about it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055229188&highlight=starburst

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

Mars, the company that makes Starburst/Opal Fruits also announced Snickers is to become Marathon again as reported in last weeks Sunday Mirror.

Apologies if this has appeared elsewhere...

• Advertisement

RadioCity wrote: »
    Mars, the company that makes Starburst/Opal Fruits also announced Snickers is to become Marathon again as reported in last weeks Sunday Mirror.

Apologies if this has appeared elsewhere...

Anger...building!

Is this just in the UK or in Ireland too? Why would they do that? Snickers is such a well-known name. Marathon was well know too, but not to younger people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Are they still ' made to make your mouth water ' i wonder ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I love the chance to post this again: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53224106&postcount=11

Check it out!

Sabotage wrote: »
    I love the chance to post this again: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53224106&postcount=11

Check it out!

That, my friend, is truly disgusting! But also very cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

janeybabe wrote: »
    Anger...building!

Is this just in the UK or in Ireland too? Why would they do that? Snickers is such a well-known name. Marathon was well know too, but not to younger people.
    Well.

Boo to you.

DesF wrote: »
    Well.

Boo to you.

Hey, I reserve the right to make myself feel young! My students asked me a question today that started "Miss, you know when you were young?" I'm 22 ffs!

Anyway, down with Marathon, but up with Opal Fruits!

Advertisement