Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Super Unleaded??

Options
  • 02-05-2008 6:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Anyone know where there are any Super Unleaded pumps about??
    Can't seem to track any down.
    Anywhere in the greater Dublin area would be great,
    Thanks lads..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I'm nearly sure the Shell station opp Glasnevin Cemetery stock it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Mods/Admin - you should really do a sticky on this.

OP you can't get 98 RON anymore in the ROI.

Closest you can get is Maxol's unleaded which claims to be 99 RON.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

+1

Use the Maxol E5 if you're looking for more octane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭You

Thanks for the help folks.. Will give the E5 a go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Anyone know if the direct injection Mitsubishi GDI engine can run on E5? That engine is so temperamental(I've fortunately never had any problems with it apart from the fact it has no enthusiasm for hard work but knowing my luck it probably will self combust at the thought of a bit of bio ethanol) but it's supposed to be fed 98 RON at the same time cause it's a direct injection engine(though Volvo says that it will run quite happily on 95 like a standard petrol engine will).

On a related note, does Shell V-Power do anything good for a direct injection engine(because those engines can coke up because of amongst other things bad/high sulphur fuel), or is it another way of wasting money? What does it do that normal fuel doesn't?

• Advertisement
Advertisement