Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The AA and the Minister

Options
  • 02-05-2008 6:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭

In the new edition of the AA magazine they report an interview with Minister Gormley, starting as follows (quote): "Your car tax reforms coupled with those introduced in Budget 2009 received a very positive response from motorists. Were you encouraged by this and do you have further plans to use fisacal and other measures to incentivise cleaner motoring?"

Did they? I am an AA member, and no-one asked me.

Question: Does the AA represent us or the Green Lobby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The AA are a force unto themselves, I was an AA member for a while but decided not to continue with my membership because of actions similar to what you posted.
    I have asked myself before what is their agenda and it appears to be a pretty narrow one, not always in Joe or Josephine motorists interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

ART6 wrote: »
    Did they? I am an AA member, and no-one asked me.

Question: Does the AA represent us or the Green Lobby?
    The AA does not represent you, it represents its shareholders. It ceased being a mutual in 1999 and all the members were paid off. It was owned for a time by Centrica (who also owned British Gas). It is a business run for profit.

The term 'member' is no more than marketing spin.

Advertisement