Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you drink during the day?

• 02-05-2008 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

From reading the various dietary suggestions, I see people cut down or out fruit juice due to its high sugar content on low GI or carb free diets.
    Out of interest, do you cut out regular tea and coffee?
    Can you give me an idea of what I should be drinking from a health point of view. I'd drink a lot of water, and some sparkling water/sugar free squash alongside tea or coffee.
    Just intersted to see what you reach for
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I drink lots of water. I bring a 750ml bottle to the gym and drink it all there, then I have a 1.5L bottle at home that I fill up. I try to drink at least 2 litres a day. I also drink normal tea, and have a stack of different green teas that I never get around to drinking.

Juices, like orange juice, have a high sugar content, especially if they're from concentrate. You're far better off having the fruit itself. Sugar-free squash is better than sugar-full squash, but is still full of sweeteners and chemicals. I wouldn't say you have to cut them out though. If I can afford it, I get Ribena Toothkind occasionally and make a light solution to bring to the gym. It helps keep me going a little better than water.

Coffee is okay in moderation, just don't drink a load of it! Try and restrict yourself to one or two cups a day, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Flavored water - the benefits without the blandness. Most bottles have 1 or 2 kcal per bottle, but you get the odd crap that has excess sugar with 40/50kcal per 500ml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and one at lunch, that's usually it caffeine-wise. Then I drink about 3l while I'm at work and another 1l of water after work (a little more on gym nights) so about 4l of water a day I guess. Now and then (and if I'm taking tablets, because i find it hard to swallow them with just water) I have a drop of no added sugar miwadi in a pint of water for a change.

I'm known in work as 'the aquaholic':o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

just water and the occasional drop of vodka.

I drink water, green tea and other herbal fruit teas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Coffee in the morning or when meeting friends, water when cycling or lifting or with meals, tea at other times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Water (lots of it, regularly), coffee and tea, obviously sans sugar, but with whole milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

About 3 litres of water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Green tea, some coffee, 4 litres of milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

1 1/2 to 3 litres of water, usual 5 cups of green tea, maybe a glass of grapefruit juice in the morning and diet coke if im craving something sweet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Stef1979

a mug of hot water after breakfast, lunch and dinner, at least 2 litres of cold water a day...I used to drink Pu-erh tea as its supposed to help your digestive system as it has green tea extract in it but still tastes of tea (minus the milk) have given up caffeine drinks now though as it dehydrates you and apparently slows the blood flow to your brain (says Jason Vale)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Alot of milk and water(including tea)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Plenty of water. 3 mugs of coffee a day on average (artificial sweetener and low fat or skimmed milk). I love my coffee. Occasionally booze in the evening. Usually wine or bulmers light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

water and green tea !

Advertisement