Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Topaz Fuelcard - Shell VPower?

Options
  • 02-05-2008 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,865 ✭✭✭✭

I've got a Topaz Fuelcard, when using it in Shell in Dunboyne recently I had a thought - theres an agreed price for 'petrol', does this cover VPower also? Its "petrol"...

Wouldn't bother using it really, but if you could get it for your schemes agreed price theres some that'd be interested. Anyone know if it does cover it or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

MYOB wrote: »
    I've got a Topaz Fuelcard, when using it in Shell in Dunboyne recently I had a thought - theres an agreed price for 'petrol', does this cover VPower also? Its "petrol"...

Wouldn't bother using it really, but if you could get it for your schemes agreed price theres some that'd be interested. Anyone know if it does cover it or not?

The card covers all fuel types in Statoil & Shell stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

Is that the same as that Benchmark card or motorcard.ie one, whatever it's called?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,865 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Same as, mines issued by Motorcard.

I know it covers all fuel types - but clearly theres no agreed price for tanks of gas and motor oil (which you can get on the card too), theres an agreed maximum weekly price for "petrol" though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

NiSmO wrote: »

This is all on their site:
    http://www.motorcard.ie/prices_this_week.php

Prices are crap for the last 4mths. Tesco and Apple Greens are much cheaper without need membership cards.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the price hasn't been great for a while, but its useful when away from Dublin/East Coast. I'm away West a lot, and the fixed price is cheaper than the average there and theres no Applegreen or Tesco over there.

4 years ago it was 6-7% cheaper consistently. Last statement I worked out I saved about 4% over the pump prices, which were generally higher than other stations anyway. I do, however, get to keep the cash in my fairly high interest current account before the bill gets paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

"Average Saving in April for Diesel: -0.70c" - They can keep their card

And "Fuelcard Price to 08/05/08: for diesel 134.18c" - I haven't seen anywhere charging over 130.9 for diesel yet and they're charging 134!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

Envelope? I applied online.

And that price represents a "negative saving" of .7 of a cent (not 70 cent) per litre - e.g. if it wasn't for the fact you pay either the pump price or the scheme price, whichever is lower, the card would have cost you .7c a litre.

The savings on petrol are non-existant in Dublin (and Cork and other very high traffic places) and 4-8c/litre in rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've gotten Vpower on my Benchmark card and the savings then have been huge. I don't know if they've copped on since as I only get it an odd time in certain stations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

fletch wrote: »
    "Average Saving in April for Diesel: -0.70c" - They can keep their card

And "Fuelcard Price to 08/05/08: for diesel 134.18c" - I haven't seen anywhere charging over 130.9 for diesel yet and they're charging 134!

Thats a shocking charge for Diesel, still 121.9 in the local Tesco :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Slightly OT, but does anyone know if it is possible to use a Statoil card at a Shell filling station now that both Statoil and Shell are Topaz owned?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The FAQ on the site says Statoil stations only.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The card covers all fuel types in Statoil & Shell stations.

The Statoil one doesn't.. Pulled up to a Shell garage in Goatstown during the week and got v-power as the unleaded pumps were all out of order. Went to pay for it using my Statoil card and it wouldn't work. Had to pay for it myself :|

Have used the statoil card for normal unleaded since.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Slightly OT, but does anyone know if it is possible to use a Statoil card at a Shell filling station now that both Statoil and Shell are Topaz owned?

Not sure about "Statoil"-branded cards. I get my bill from and pay Statoil for my fuel but use the card in more Shell stations than Statoil ones due to location; but its a Routex-bagded, Motorcard.ie branded card. So I would suspect so, yes. If its got a Routex logo (the R) on it, its definately going to be accepted at Shell stations.

A number of stations I've been in have an 'accept all these cards' poster with feckloads of different design cards on it including the original Statoil cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

all shell and statoil stations will be changed to topaz this month... so id say your card will work...

Advertisement