Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were a god, would you care if people worshipped you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Another increasing or enlarging thread? Arent they all once people start posting..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

If you were a god, would you care if people worshipped you?

As long as they killed in my name, I think I could let them have a lie in on the sabbath.

Id make Wednesday the new Sabbath. Always good to have a break mid-week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

The latest Bizarro:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Galvasean wrote: »
    Id make Wednesday the new Sabbath. Always good to have a break mid-week.

You realise thats a stupid thing to say, right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Zillah wrote: »
    Unlike the shining beacons of profundity that are the other posts in this thread? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If I was god, I wouldn't want my people to worship me. I would demand that they spend their time growing stronger and more advanced so that they can kick the ass of all the other dumbasses who worship other gods.

Holy crap, I'm Allah

Dades wrote: »
    Unlike the shining beacons of profundity that are the other posts in this thread? :)

The comic was pretty nifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

The comic was pretty nifty.

Yeah, especially the irony.

The Sababth has been changed once before, why cant we do it again?

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    The Sababth has been changed once before, why cant we do it again?

Hrm. My point is, the only reason we have a weekend is because of the Sabbath. If we move the Sabbath that'll just be the new weekend. You may as well decide that Thursday is the start of the week and tada! mid week break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Hrm. My point is, the only reason we have a weekend is because of the Sabbath. If we move the Sabbath that'll just be the new weekend. You may as well decide that Thursday is the start of the week and tada! mid week break.

Actually, I was taught in Primary school that Sunday is the first day of the week.

Actually, I was taught in Primary school that Sunday is the first day of the week.
    Madness! It's not called the "weekend" for nothing!

Well, the song does go, "Sunday, Monday, happy days!"

Well, the rest of the worlld cann have their traditional weekend, while the followers of my mad cap religion take Wednesday off too.

Heretic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

And you were taught correctly. Saturday is the Sabbath and Sunday is the first day of the week.

PDN wrote: »
    And you were taught correctly. Saturday is the Sabbath and Sunday is the first day of the week.
    Not too many Sabbatarians around these parts!

I did some basic research and it seems to be a geographic thing (hey, it's Friday)...

This site offers calenders and times for each country.
    The US version has Sunday as the first day...
    The Irish version has Monday.

Wiki more or less confirms the geographic distinction.

Monday ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

If I were god I really would need a stupendously huge inferiority complex to care...

If I recall correctly, Yahweh does indeed describe himself as a jealous God. By proxy of course, but he so rarely gets his hands dirty.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭calahans

I would smite the atheists for doubting me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

As a human, I don't care if people worship (look up to) me or not. So as a god, there would be no difference.

Now bow down to me!
    AD.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Richard Dawkins has a pretty good answer to this train of thought (about 5 mins in)

Advertisement