Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing a Plaster

Options
  • 02-05-2008 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Feel free if in wrong place :)

Hi lads,

Sister just moved into her new home that needs a good bit of work done to it. She is going to start pricing around for a plaster to skim the walls so she can paint them. Looking at four bedrooms, hall, stairs and landing and sitting room, what price is she looking at ? Anyone able to recommend a bloke? she is in Templeouge area.

p.s some of the rooms still have wallpaper on them, will she have to remove all this before plasterer comes?

Cheers
    Gaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,157 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You may get more replies over in the DIY forum so I'll move it to there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

gaz wac wrote: »
    Feel free if in wrong place :)

Hi lads,

Sister just moved into her new home that needs a good bit of work done to it. She is going to start pricing around for a plaster to skim the walls so she can paint them. Looking at four bedrooms, hall, stairs and landing and sitting room, what price is she looking at ? Anyone able to recommend a bloke? she is in Templeouge area.

p.s some of the rooms still have wallpaper on them, will she have to remove all this before plasterer comes?

Cheers
    Gaz

Roughly 300 quid a room.If you want it done properly you'll have to take off the paper before you start..a sponge and warm water with a scraper will do the trick.Obvioulsy halls and stairs will be different and more costly.I know a bloke if you want his number?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I'm looking for any recommendations on a Dublin based Plasterer who might be interested and available on a jobbing basis to render (sand+cement) external garden walls.

PMs will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

I just got a kitchen plastered - lovely job but it was 400 euro. Bear in mind that most professional plasterers want to work in site conditions, they'll need stripped walls, sockets/switches removed and all wiring made safe - and probably bare floors.

Fine to plaster over painted walls but wallpaper will need to be removed.

You'll also need to remove architrave and skirting.

Some plasterers might be more lived in house friendly, but if you're not giving the guy an empty room make sure you make that clear to him when you're pricing the job.

Advertisement