Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Has anyone had bushings replaced in Dave McCann's?

Options
  • 02-05-2008 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    As the title suggests I'm wondering have any of you had the bushings replaced on your cars with McCann's. Car is going in for new tyres next week and they just told me that they can replace the bushings too. I so, Would you recommend them or should I go to a garage?

The rear tyres are wearing differently the passanger side has worn down much faster than the driver side (even wear across the tyre) I rang my garage and they said that the bushings are probably causing this, does that sound about right?

Thanks,
    V

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭hebejebees

I've dealt with them before, a good garage, the bushings are probably causing your wheel alignment to be out and resulting in tyre wear. You should get it done with them if the price is right, they are a garage as much as any other

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

hebejebees wrote: »
    I've dealt with them before, a good garage

+1

Dave is a sound guy who knows his stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭martin1016

Would recommend them - thay have replaced bushings on my M3 and Passat workhorse. Always on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Yeah very good place to deal with imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

I have used this Garage they sorted out my c class tracking problem that 3 other garages could not,one of them a merc garage .
    I would highly recommend them.
    Jerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Thanks for all the replies lads, Dave McCanns it is so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭timemachine

I used them once for new tyres, got a great price, was very happy. Never done a service though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Yea they know their BMW's better than many places... On an E36/46 they will always check the rear trailing arm bushes (RTAB) before they will even do an alignment...

I was chatting to dave the last time my E46 was in for an alignment after i replaced the RTAB, he was asking me which bushings i used ect...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

i'm having a similar problem with a vw passat - just out of interest what does it cost to replace bushes? i know it depends on how many need to be replaced but what does a bushing cost for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

It's going to be €250 for the 2 rear bushings on an M3.

Are the trailing arms part of the bushing replacement or are they a seperate part? Do they wear and tear like bushings or are they more durable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Victor_M wrote: »

Are the trailing arms part of the bushing replacement or are they a seperate part? Do they wear and tear like bushings or are they more durable?

The price isn't bad really.... cause even if you did it yourself you'd have to bring it to them for a four wheel alignment which would cost €75. Factor in the bushes themselves cost say €35 for the pair... So the over-all price isn't bad...

The RTAB are press fitted into the trailing arm... they will drop down the trailing arm and drill out the old bushes. Then they will push in the new bushings, probably using some spacers and threaded bar...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Victor_M wrote: »

Honestly? i have absolutely no idea but thanks for replying. what bugs me is that the mechanic i took it to said the shocks were they problem - he actually drove the car with me in it - but after having them replaced at a cost of 200 euro the problem has not been solved - so now i face the prospect of forking out another 250 - bloody hell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

Dave is very helpful.I bought 2 tyres off him and saved quite a bit.i was really happy with the service.

Advertisement