Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choosing console for GTA

• 02-05-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hey,

The only reason I bought a playstation 2 was for the GTA and Gran Tur games. Now time has come to upgrade...

Should I get a PS3 or Xbox? I hear the cheapest 40gb PS3 is €400 squids, whats the cheapest equivalent Xbox?

Bear in mind I probably only ever buy these games and maybe Pro Evo, no online gaming etc...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

masto1983 wrote: »
    Should I get a PS3 or Xbox?

Ah the unanswerable question. No matter what is said, you can be seen as a fanboi!

OK I have a PS3. I love it, love the games, the blu-ray player and the online play. I would personally suggest you prioritise your choice based on what you want from the console. Both consoles have pros and cons. The 360 has more games and more reliable online play. The PS3 has a Blu-Ray player and is free online (though less reliable)
    Bear in mind I probably only ever buy these games and maybe Pro Evo, no online gaming etc...

If you only care about GTA4, GT5 and Pro Evo and are not concerned with online play, either will do (GT5 is a PS3 exclusive though). However, if its ONLY those games you will be getting, then the cheaper option, a 360, may be your better option...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

XBOX 360 end of story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

XBOX 360 end of story

exactly, it's cooked.

and a new story starts with the ps3 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

heh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

quarryman wrote: »
    heh?

I believe superweld is using a play on words here and intentionally misinterpretting what nevaeh-2die-4 was saying, by implying that the 360 is at the 'end of its story', so to speak, and the PS3s is just beginning...

My God, I'm bored! (or boring!11)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

The core GTA4 bundle on xbox comes in at €200. You can buy a HDD on ebay.

The PS3 is €400 but you are getting a blu ray player thrown into the mix (wouldn't swing the deal for me).

I wouldn't choose based only on GTA4, take a look at previous and future releases, then weigh in whether you want to pay for LIVE or not.

Then decide.

Also, try and sidestep the childish fanboyisms like "XBOX ftw" or "PS3 rulz Micro$oft"...they aren't compelling arguments and why people have an almost religious devotion to one console or another is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, I was in the same boat as you last week.
    Xbox 360 with GTA4 was £200
    PS3 with GTA4 was £300.

Since, they seem to be same, more or less for GTA 4, I wasn't pushed either way.
    I ended up choosing the PS3, as the way I saw it was, I'm getting a blu ray player for £100.

Also, I'm used to the Playstation controller, and could get it 4 days sooner than the Xbox360. (Which wouldn't be an issue for you).

Only downside is that I can't get the downloadable content, when it comes out. Hopefully it won't be anything I'll miss too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I too was in the same boat, I went for the Ps3 with GTA for €360.

Ps3 is more appealing to me, Blu-Ray and upcoming games that I'll deffo want, eg MSG 4 and GT 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Hey,

The only reason I bought a playstation 2 was for the GTA and Gran Tur games. Now time has come to upgrade...

Should I get a PS3 or Xbox? I hear the cheapest 40gb PS3 is €400 squids, whats the cheapest equivalent Xbox?

Cheers
    I was in the exact same shoes as you. I went for the playstation 3;)
    I have 2 friends with xbox 360's, both of them ended up getting fcuked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Plug wrote: »
    I was in the exact same shoes as you. I went for the playstation 3;)
    I have 2 friends with xbox 360's, both of them ended up getting fcuked!

Fcuked by who??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Holsten wrote: »
    I too was in the same boat, I went for the Ps3 with GTA for €360.

Ps3 is more appealing to me, Blu-Ray and upcoming games that I'll deffo want, eg MSG 4 and GT 5.

Where?

Cheapest I've seen for the console on it's own is Tesco @ €399

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ryukobain

The cheapest (new) xbox is 200 with gta, it doesn't have a hard drive. Bearing in mind you buy a coupla games and no online I think you should go for xbox.
    Unless of course you want to invest in the blu-ray capability of ps3 as this is the dominant future format for films etc.

I just wish I knew what console to get, the extra downloadable gta content is a big tempter but I want the ps3 for the blu-ray and future games like mgs4:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

milltown wrote: »
    Where?

Cheapest I've seen for the console on it's own is Tesco @ €399

Zavvi with 10% Student discount. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Really?

When I bought mine, they said the student discount didn't apply to consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

student discount, i thought everyone gets rid of that for consoles and other electronics.

Advertisement