Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conversation with a muslim

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

abu dharr reported the messenger said [muslim number 1032]-- i could keep on quotes all day but you will believe what you only want to believe--i am not knocking islam -i can also rip christianity apart but this is islamic thread-i know when my son brings his muslim friends to my house he always warns them that we have a dog {not black] just in case they are offended--my only gripe most of the holy books have been wrote over 2,000 years ago ,people words and understanding changes and i do not believe that the only way to god/allah is by accepting this or that religion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

getz wrote: »
    abu dharr reported the messenger said [muslim number 1032]-- i could keep on quotes all day but you will believe what you only want to believe--i am not knocking islam -i can also rip christianity apart but this is islamic thread-i know when my son brings his muslim friends to my house he always warns them that we have a dog {not black] just in case they are offended--my only gripe most of the holy books have been wrote over 2,000 years ago ,people words and understanding changes and i do not believe that the only way to god/allah is by accepting this or that religion

You fail to defend any of your posts when challenged. I'll ask again...
    getz wrote:
    mohamed says all dogs are devils and urged muslims to kill them -if a muslim get a dog hair on him or her they must change there clothes-a muslim must not pray if a dog or a jew is present because god will not answer the prayers-
    getz wrote:
    IKIMAH-reported on the authority of IBN ABBAS--saying i think the apostle ALLAH said-when one prays without a sutrah. a dog an ass a pig a jew a magian and a woman cut of his prayer but it will surffice if they pass in front of him at a distance of over a stones throw
    You originally said "a muslim must not pray if a dog or a jew is present because god will not answer the prayers". This is not what this hadith says. Can you please give me a link to a hadith that backs up your original statement? Do you even understand this hadith you have quoted?

And please give links to the hadiths you quote from in your replies to we can read them ourselves instead of your selective quotes from them.

out of respect for the moderator and boards i will not quote the text ---v4 book52 number260 -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

out of respect for the moderator and boards i will not quote the text ---v4 book52 number260 -

I would prefer if you quote the actual text so people can understand what it is you are getting at and if you are correct or not.

Here is what I have:

Narrated Ikrima:

Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

I am not sure what that has to do with dogs or jews while praying.

Also context is everything. I am not a scholar but from reading the paragraphs beforehand it seems to mention killing for the murder of a woman (which is discarding your religion). From what I gather she was killed after saying that women and children of pagans were not to be killed.

But again it probably needs a Muslim to explain properly.

ok the text also says you should not seek to pray at sunrise or sunset -for there is a jew hiding behind me so kill him-i do not believe this kind of thing is fit to put on the boards--so dont blame me for the quote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

ok the text also says you should not seek to pray at sunrise or sunset -for there is a jew hiding behind me so kill him-i do not believe this kind of thing is fit to put on the boards--so dont blame me for the quote

The section you quoted I have posted fully above. It makes no mention to a Jew hiding.

I did find the section you were going on about and the context is that there is a war going on. "Volume 4, Book 52, Number 176 + 177. " (that I can see). Trying to imply that is a rule for Muslims to start killing Jewish people is laughable.

Why are you switching to an entirely topic and ignoring my questions in regard to your previous post...
    getz wrote:
    mohamed says all dogs are devils and urged muslims to kill them -if a muslim get a dog hair on him or her they must change there clothes-a muslim must not pray if a dog or a jew is present because god will not answer the prayers-
    getz wrote:
    IKIMAH-reported on the authority of IBN ABBAS--saying i think the apostle ALLAH said-when one prays without a sutrah. a dog an ass a pig a jew a magian and a woman cut of his prayer but it will surffice if they pass in front of him at a distance of over a stones throw

You originally said "a muslim must not pray if a dog or a jew is present because god will not answer the prayers". This is not what this hadith says. Can you please give me a link to a hadith that backs up your original statement? Do you even understand this hadith you have quoted?
    And please give links to the hadiths you quote from in your replies to we can read them ourselves instead of your selective quotes from them.

fact the KORAN [quran]consists of 6,666 verses, but over 125 verses encourage muslims to use terrorism against non muslims--most muslims 99.9% realise that it is not to be taken as word --but the other 1% ,this is why the fanitics thrive

fact the KORAN [quran]consists of 6,666 verses, but over 125 verses encourage muslims to use terrorism against non muslims--most muslims 99.9% realise that it is not to be taken as word --but the other 1% ,this is why the fanitics thrive

Why do you keep switching from topic to topic? Why won't you defend any of the posts you have made which have been challenged? Please stop posting rubbish if you are not prepared to defend it.

now we have to go back to the quote--the apostle of ALLAH said;--when one prays without a sutrah -a dog an ass a pig a JEW and a woman cut off his prayer-- but it will surffice if they pass in front of him at a distance of over a stones throw --so that tell me if the JEW is inside a stones throw the prayer is not answered -you tell me what else it can mean ?

• Advertisement

now we have to go back to the quote--the apostle of ALLAH said;--when one prays without a sutrah -a dog an ass a pig a JEW and a woman cut off his prayer-- but it will surffice if they pass in front of him at a distance of over a stones throw --so that tell me if the JEW is inside a stones throw the prayer is not answered -you tell me what else it can mean ?
    If anybody, Muslim or non-Muslim passes on front of you when you are praying it invalidates your prayer. I seriously doubt the reliability of this Hadith. I have never heard anything about it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Agathon

[i am not knocking islam -i can also rip christianity apart but this is islamic thread-i know when my son brings his muslim friends to my house he always warns them that we have a dog {not black] just in case they are offended--my only gripe most of the holy books have been wrote over 2,000 years ago ,people words and understanding changes and i do not believe that the only way to god/allah is by accepting this or that religion[/quote]

It looks like you go around to all of the Religion threads trying to rip different world-views apart from this comment; But you haven't even properly responded to a couple of the questions we're asking you. You keep jumping around topics like a mad-man. And you seen to ignore context or proper explanations of hadith & verses from the Qur'an. Two simple questions (if you can't respond to these then give up the 'trying to rip apart Islam' tactic):
    1. Can you show me where the contradictions in the Qur'an are?
    2. Can you show me the hadith about not praying on sunset or sunrise because of jew hiding?!
    * No more jumping around. Answer these or just say you need more time to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Alice1

DinoBot wrote: »
    really ???!!! Lets see,

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.' -- Okay, not a bad start

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'
    -- Cant see the guidance to a good life yet!

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'
    --Eh, getting a little vain are we ?

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

Right so almost half way there and its all about him.

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'
    -- At last, something we can use

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'
    -- Wow, I must write that one down, must NOT murder :rolleyes::rolleyes:

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'
    --not bad

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'
    -- a little vague there I think.

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

--Not really into keeping slaves so I think I wont be following that one.

Did I miss something, is this the fairly good guideline to living a good life of which you speak :D:D
    Dinobot, you might want to have a quick recheck on the ten commandments - the first three refer to how we "treat" God (Thou shalt not have strange gods, thou shalt not take the name in vain & keep the sabbath holy), while the remaining seven refer to how we "treat" others. (Honour father & mother, don't kill, don't commit adultery, don't steal, don't tell lies, don't covet the spouse or possessions of another) All in all, pretty good guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Alice1 wrote: »
    , don't covet the spouse or possessions of another) All in all, pretty good guidelines.

...you forgot about your slaves, or did you just include that in "possessions" ??

Eh old post but I'll bite :rolleyes: , rechecked them again.....still think it could have been wrote by a 2nd class school child. This is suppose to be from god.

Please read them and compare them to the declaration of human rights (by human authors)

http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

I don't see 30% wasted on how people should deal with the authors of the declaration, or is that type of vanity held only for god :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Alice1

Dinobot,
    Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Jannah wrote: »
    Lol! I mean, flippit, I started looking at Islam with a VERY open mind, but this is ridiculious. Its impossible to defend a religion so terribly flawed

As opposed to?

Advertisement