Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MDC v Zanu-PF run-off

Options
  • 02-05-2008 12:22pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly a 'run-off' in the context of the Zimbabwean elections will entail?

I've asked a few South Africans who are keeping an eye on things, but they were at a loss to tell me.

The newspapers don't seem to be much clearer on this particular aspect other than that it will probably mean more intimidation.

Cheers,
    hullaballoo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In their system, if nobody gets 50% in the presidential election, then the top two candidates take part in a second poll. This also happens in some European countries, including France. Typically the second round is after 1-4 weeks.

PR-STV takes care of all this in one day's voting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly a 'run-off' in the context of the Zimbabwean elections will entail?

A Zanu-PF win.

Advertisement