Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta 4 - Useful Tips.

• 02-05-2008 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any useful hints & tips without applying cheat?

If you dial 911 an ambulance will come & heal you at a cost, but i usually pop a cap in them & take my money back.

Anybody knows of any post away ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Cool, I never thought of phoning an ambulance. Nice one! Does that work in MP too? :P That'd be handy.

Unfortunately the best tip I know is kill everyone before they kill you and you won't fail a mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Cool, I never thought of phoning an ambulance. Nice one! Does that work in MP too? :P That'd be handy.

not sure man i never tried it on m.p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

here is an easy way to make money!!!

Go to an ATM, then cause a traffic jam to the area. Wait for someone to take money from the ATM, then kill him or her. Make sure to block any nearby roads so the ambulance cannot get to the murdered victim. Take the money they dropped on the ground. Then, run a short distance away, and go back. The money should have respawned on the ground. You can repeat this as many times as desired. You can also kill more people taking their money from the ATM to increase the amount of money that respawns.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Exploiting/Cheating, all the same.

Once you're locked onto a target you can still free aim around the body parts a little. Pull down slightly on the stick and you can get headshots pretty handy, a little too easy infact.

Exploiting/Cheating, all the same.

Once you're locked onto a target you can still free aim around the body parts a little. Pull down slightly on the stick and you can get headshots pretty handy, a little too easy infact.

Ah yeah, that's handy alright, eben diong that myself, especially in multiplayer. I wouldn't call it cheating though, as in a tutorial (not sure which one, think it was in the multiplayer one) it tells you that tip, so I wouldn't consider it cheating. You get rewarded for spending a fractional amount of time putting a bit more effort and thought into your aiming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He meant the post before his was exploiting/cheating, not the aiming thing. As for tips, dont use the handbrake much. Just tap the thing before turning and you will slide around the bend, rather then spinning the car totally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Also, do loads of reversing 180s. They're easy, and make you look supa-fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

With RWD cars, if your turning left at speed, flick the car right first then turn in left hard, apply some opposite lock and hey presto, drift spec entries !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I love the smell of a well cooked J-turn in the morning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Well when ya run someone over make sure ya don't go too far away or some skank bitch will rob the money before you do! Or you'll just have to kick the sh1t out of her too!

• Advertisement

gamblitis wrote: »
    Well when ya run someone over make sure ya don't go too far away or some skank bitch will rob the money before you do! Or you'll just have to kick the sh1t out of her too!

That's definitely a tip that will only ever apply to a GTA game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

In the multiplayer when the whole map is open there is a place near the bottom right of the middle island at the docks that has 4 helicopters with guns.Handy when you want to lay down the hurt.

RAIN wrote: »
    In the multiplayer when the whole map is open there is a place near the bottom right of the middle island at the docks that has 4 helicopters with guns.Handy when you want to lay down the hurt.

Is that the place where the helicopter tours are usually in the single player game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Havent unlocked that feature in the single player still on the first island.

But this map tells me its in a place called heli tours so it must be !

http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

This is in the manual, but I'm sure some of you have missed it:

When you hear a song you like on the radio and want to know who it is, dial:
    ZIT-555-0100 and you'll get a text with the name of it. Once you dial it once the number stays in your phone book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

wow, the level of detail added to these easter eggs and cheats is amazing.

RAIN wrote: »
    Havent unlocked that feature in the single player still on the first island.

But this map tells me its in a place called heli tours so it must be !

http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map

Nice! Know where that is, in the single player game they're just regular helicopters. I did find that gunship by accident when I first started playing. Haven't a clue where it was as I was fleeing from the cops and didn't know. Saw a helicopter, flew off, once I got over one of the other islands, instant 6 star wanted rating. Then when I was about a mile up, trying to figure out what buttons did what on the helicopter, I accidentally hit triangle, and bailed out. Took about 7 or 8 seconds for me to hit the ground!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Those phone tips are pretty sweet. Any tips for winning a fist fight? I got thrown out of the strip club by the bouncers, for getting <ahem> rowdy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

silvine wrote: »
    Those phone tips are pretty sweet. Any tips for winning a fist fight? I got thrown out of the strip club by the bouncers, for getting <ahem> rowdy!

Stay back from the opponent and kick them, most of them punch and by staying back and using kick you will be out of their range most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

silvine wrote: »

You got horny and decided to push your way to the front didn't ya?! lol

I use y alot in a fist fight.Love the loaf action! Really knocks them back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

When you drive to a mission that you think may turn sour park on the pavement rather than the road. Ive come running out of buildings after killing loads of gangsters only to run into two or three squad cars stuck in the traffic jam behind my car:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Obvious one: if you've failed a chase mission already, second time around make-sure you park your car as near to you as possible and facing the right direction the next time you get out of it to commence the mission. Makes life much easier.

I also find cornering at high speed much easier by changing the controls to 'classic', and tapping the brake and lightly and pressing the handbrake coming out of the turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm embaressed at how proud of myself I was the first time I pulled one of them off :o

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭D-OLEARY

do a burnout till Ur wheels pop grate for drifting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Drinking: the cops will chase you if you are seen driving drunk

Driving:
    - if you use a cop car to get around and you turn on the sirens, the traffic will get out of the way, and you can fly right by other cop cars and they won't be alerted (I haven't tried drunk-cop-car-driving yet)

- I found that using both the standard brake (L2) and the Handbrake (R1) at the same time to turn and then countersteer allows you to slide around turns quite nicely (just L2 is not enough at speed and just R1 is too sensitive).

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

If your doing a chase mission or whatever, any your car stops working (not on fire just dead engine) dial 911 and the car will start up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

For anyone still having trouble with corners and crashing into sh*t because of the chase camera angles, use the two analog sticks to steer (well kind of use the R to take the turn before you use the L to actually make the turn, but almost at the same time)...it takes a bit to get used to but once you do it makes cornering a lot better.
    Same goes when you're entering a vehicle from an odd angle and want to get out on the road quickly (mission, say)...to avoid crashing into oncoming traffic, you should be already rotating the view camera with the R stick whilst you're pulling out. Nothing worse than being in the middle of somthing important and unwittingly hiting a cop car and having to loose wanted status...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If you are driving a police car to a mission and start getting shot at, just call for police backup using the computer in the car. They'll arrive and should be some extra help in taking the bad guys down....just don't fire any shots yourself until they are gone ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the toll bridges wont charge you if you are driving a taxi or police car (prob fire truck or ambulance aswell)

if you are a cheap b*sterd like me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

You know if the cops arrest you they take all of your guns and ammo, so just make sure your killed instead of being arrested to keep all your gear.

Dunno about ye but I hate having to go and buy the guns again. Fookin 1000 dollars for a grenade is a joke

Advertisement