Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta 4 - Useful Tips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Nice! Know where that is, in the single player game they're just regular helicopters. I did find that gunship by accident when I first started playing. Haven't a clue where it was as I was fleeing from the cops and didn't know. Saw a helicopter, flew off, once I got over one of the other islands, instant 6 star wanted rating. Then when I was about a mile up, trying to figure out what buttons did what on the helicopter, I accidentally hit triangle, and bailed out. Took about 7 or 8 seconds for me to hit the ground!

its off to the left hand side when entering the runway space at the airport

i actually got the tail of the chopper shot off by another one and stayed airborne, with mine spinning around madly as you would expect with the tail rotor gone

if you can hold out like that with a 6 star rating for 5 mins then you get an achievement unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Anyone know how to actually do the stun punch?

Does the target change colour when you can do it or something? Doesn't seem to be working for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

can ya get a chopper using mo, that would class. i presume cheats dont work on mp????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Holsten wrote:
    Anyone know how to actually do the stun punch?

Does the target change colour when you can do it or something? Doesn't seem to be working for me.

It's the same as the execution thingy, I think. The only difference is you have a gun with the execution and you pull of a stun punch when you're unarmed. You walk up to a target, hold down the targeting button and your reticle will turn red. It doesn't work when you're in combat, only when the target isn't expecting it. I think that's how it works.

Theres something wrong then cause my target thingy NEVER turns red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

turning your headlights on when driving brightens things up a lot even in daylight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

If you see any of the Gruppe Securicar trucks, crash or shoot them until they explode and collect the cash that explodes from them, not sure how much exactly is in them but def over a grand from my experience. Also when on the in game net type in www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com , Its not technically a cheat so it won't ruin your savegames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Found out if you put the subtitles on you can see what they say when they are talking russian. Not really going to help but its good to know:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Keep a police car out side your safe house. That comes in handy for some missions;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

It tells you how to do this in a later mission, but I thought it was handy and may aswell post it.

If you hold down square (on the PS3 version, not sure about 360) when yer driving at night, you can switch your headlights to full beam, which makes it easier to see things at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭rameire

can anyone tell me how to get the body armor across the road from the first safehouse, its above ground just below the advertising board.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

^
    *facepalm*

The amount of time I spent running about looking for armour and ending up having to buy it all the time...
    I've obviously found a few places for it now, but would have been handy having that across from safehouse...
    Don't know how to get up to it, I'll go for a spin and see. Used to be for some hidden packages in III that you'd need to jump onto the roof of a car and reach it that way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Anyone know of any body armour located near the second safehouse? Pain in the ass having to drive to the distant gun shops. Little Jacob doesn't seem to sell any either, just guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Stephen wrote: »
    Pain in the ass having to drive to the distant gun shops. Little Jacob doesn't seem to sell any either, just guns.

Don't drive to it then, just get a random taxi to take you there.

Stephen wrote: »
    Anyone know of any body armour located near the second safehouse? Pain in the ass having to drive to the distant gun shops. Little Jacob doesn't seem to sell any either, just guns.

Little Jacob does sell armour!

It's in the top left hand corner of his boot. :)

/facepalm

heymcflyx wrote: »
    Found out if you put the subtitles on you can see what they say when they are talking russian. Not really going to help but its good to know:-)

It also lets you see what Little Jacob is saying, but it still doesn't help you understand it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Passenger wrote: »
    Don't drive to it then, just get a random taxi to take you there.

Couple of Q's - I'm a GTA virgin.

How do you hail a taxi. I seem to carjack them all of the time.
    Whats the easiest way of getting a gun.

Hail a taxi with L1 or L2 on the Ps3, not sure what which or what button it is on the 360. Walk up to the back doors of the taxi and hold the "get in car" button. It you tap it you'll just steal the car.

Easiest way of getting a gun is to take out your phone and dial 911. Choose police. When they arrive, they'll get out of the car. Hop into it and you'll automatically get a shotgun. If you kill the cops, you should get a pistol too. Otherwise, once you complete a few missions, the gun dealers become available and you can buy stuff from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

On 360, ride in a taxi by long pressing the Y button.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

humanji wrote: »
    Easiest way of getting a gun is to take out your phone and dial 911. Choose police. When they arrive, they'll get out of the car. Hop into it and you'll automatically get a shotgun. If you kill the cops, you should get a pistol too. Otherwise, once you complete a few missions, the gun dealers become available and you can buy stuff from them.

You can get one very early on in the game when you first go to the strip club. On the way out there's a door marked private, just go inside and there's a shotgun laying on the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If you're wanted by cops and you're near home, go upstairs and save your game.

The day will prgress 6 hours and your wanted level will disappear.

^^ Nice. Does that work for all wanted levels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not sure..

I did it for a 2 star wanted level and it worked.

But higher than that may not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

What's the deal with calling Little Jacob? I called him loads of times, expecting him to arrive to me with his car full of ammo, but he never came!

He comes to a location nearby. You should get an LJ icon on your map a few blocks away from your current location, usually down some back alley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Biro wrote: »
    What's the deal with calling Little Jacob? I called him loads of times, expecting him to arrive to me with his car full of ammo, but he never came!
    Have you completed the missions for him? He doesn't come directly to you, just to an alley near you, look at the map after you call him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

When does little Jacob start selling you weapons? I've unlocked the weapons shop but little jacob still won't sell me any weapons. Do I need to go on a lot of missions with him or something?

Also, anyone know the locations of some nice cars/bikes to drive in the city, ones that will always respawn to that location. The only one i've found so far is the Turismo (i.e. Ferrari F430) in the driveway next to Mikhail Faustin's house. It has great handling, takes a lot of damage and can get up to some ridiculous speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

L31mr0d wrote: »
    When does little Jacob start selling you weapons? I've unlocked the weapons shop but little jacob still won't sell me any weapons. Do I need to go on a lot of missions with him or something?

He'll start offering you missions after a while, do all them for him and you can call him for guns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Also, anyone know the locations of some nice cars/bikes to drive in the city, ones that will always respawn to that location. The only one i've found so far is the Turismo (i.e. Ferrari F430) in the driveway next to Mikhail Faustin's house. It has great handling, takes a lot of damage and can get up to some ridiculous speeds

To be honest my favourite car is the cop car. Turn on the siren and the streets clear. Pretty handy in fairness. There is one always just up the street from the first safe house. Its alarm will go off though so get in, start it and then get out until the alarm goes off then work away.

Advertisement