Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta 4 - Useful Tips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Also, not really a hint. But if you want to cause some anarchy without drawing the attention of the cops stand in the middle of the road and manually target people in their cars, they will stop, then get out and run away. Easiest way i've found to cause a huge traffic jam without firing off a shot or pulling a person from their car, which will both draw the attention of the cops, but for some reason the cops ignore you when you just point your gun at people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

unless someone nearby has a mobile and calls the police. or in some bizarre cases, they refuse to get out and start reversing away from you.

(happens to me sometimes, I like using the above way to steal cars as it means I dont have to break a window or be forced to kill someone.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

If someone's really stuck for armour and doesn't have the cash,here's a map:
    http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/article/870/870449/map_armor.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Not realy a hint but the Comet for me is by far the best car to drive. It handles amazingly well , i only wish there was some way of making videos (ala Halo3) so i could show off my driving skillz. I have 2 in front of my safehouse at all times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Is there a place where the Comet is parked? Like the Turismo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Probably. Id check the IGN Liberty City Map.

I usualy get them from ''times square'' part of the City. Or somethimes there is one parked to left across the road from your safe house in Bohan.

I have one now with green shimer Paint that changes to Purple in the sun COME ON how can anyone complain about this game !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Stephen wrote: »
    ^^ Nice. Does that work for all wanted levels?

Yup, I had 4 stars and it was good afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Have you completed the missions for him? He doesn't come directly to you, just to an alley near you, look at the map after you call him.

Oh cool, thanks. I completed one mission I think, maybe two. I got the text that said to call him for weapons I think. So assumed that was it.
    I'll try again this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

This is a cool thread. Post some more tips people

I have nothing to add :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Biro wrote: »
    Oh cool, thanks. I completed one mission I think, maybe two. I got the text that said to call him for weapons I think. So assumed that was it.
    I'll try again this evening.

You have to do all the missions for him before you get that and there's quiet a few missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

• Safe houses can only save 2 cars when you actually Load the game BUT you can fit 4 cars there and they will stay as long as you dont Load the game, then the most recent 2 added will be the only ones left.
    • Phone Brucie for a race when you have a race car.
    • You can almost "1 shot" a car by aiming at the petrol pump point. Learn each cars point. For police cars, the engine must be on your left and aim just above the back right wheel. You will master it eventually.
    • Aim for the rotars of a helicopter, if you are shooting bullets. The joining part of the actual heli and its rotars, aim there.
    • SWAT police have body armour, but headshots will by-pass that.
    • Prostitutes restore health
    • Soda cans from vending machines restore health and a little armour.
    • Pay N Spray is your friend.
    • When doing missions from the Police Car Computer, dont worry if you build a wanted level, if you are close to completing a mission.
      As soon as you kill the last guy to be killed, the wanted level disapears.
    • When you are recovering cars for Stevie via text msgs, read the text carefully and take note of the background behind the cars in the pictures, they are a big clue.
    • Running up stairs? Dont.
      Jump instead lol. Superman leaps.
    • Look before you cross the road lol. I dunno how many times I've lost half my health just by stepping out a little too soon.
    • If you are looking for fist fights, you can press attack while running to push people, or even easier, push cars. The owners usually always get out.

Cant think of anymore stuff at the minute, I know I have loads but I just cant remember them.

Btw, did anyone get the sledgehammer yet? If possible? I thought it was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Oh yeh, if you "spare" some people of an execution, they can appear later in the game for a special mission ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

KoKane wrote: »
    • Safe houses can only save 2 cars when you actually Load the game BUT you can fit 4 cars there and they will stay as long as you dont Load the game, then the most recent 2 added will be the only ones left.
    • Phone Brucie for a race when you have a race car.
    • You can almost "1 shot" a car by aiming at the petrol pump point. Learn each cars point. For police cars, the engine must be on your left and aim just above the back right wheel. You will master it eventually.
    • Aim for the rotars of a helicopter, if you are shooting bullets. The joining part of the actual heli and its rotars, aim there.
    • SWAT police have body armour, but headshots will by-pass that.
    • Prostitutes restore health
    • Soda cans from vending machines restore health and a little armour.
    • Pay N Spray is your friend.
    • When doing missions from the Police Car Computer, dont worry if you build a wanted level, if you are close to completing a mission.
      As soon as you kill the last guy to be killed, the wanted level disapears.
    • When you are recovering cars for Stevie via text msgs, read the text carefully and take note of the background behind the cars in the pictures, they are a big clue.
    • Running up stairs? Dont.
      Jump instead lol. Superman leaps.
    • Look before you cross the road lol. I dunno how many times I've lost half my health just by stepping out a little too soon.
    • If you are looking for fist fights, you can press attack while running to push people, or even easier, push cars. The owners usually always get out.

Cant think of anymore stuff at the minute, I know I have loads but I just cant remember them.

Btw, did anyone get the sledgehammer yet? If possible? I thought it was?

some good tips fair play!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Running up stairs? Dont.
    Jump instead lol. Superman leaps
    I dont want to exageragte, but thats the best peice of advice anyone has ever given anyone - ever!

Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Any tips for building up a six star wanted level and surviving for five minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

silvine wrote: »
    Any tips for building up a six star wanted level and surviving for five minutes?
    I think someone mentioned getting that six star level then going between the train tracks on an island over and back for 5 minutes.

Another tip I spotted last night while climbing to the roof on the mission where you've to protect Packie with the sniper rifle is jumping up stairs is MUCH faster than walking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Just saw this. Looks cool plus a good way to get that achievement:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/tag/points-life/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

basquille wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned getting that six star level then going between the train tracks on an island over and back for 5 minutes.

Easiest way I found was to get a helicopter and fly over one of the islands that are still locked (obviously have to do it before you unlock all islands), circle for 5 minutes and happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

basquille wrote: »

Yeah, I didn't realise there was an achievement for it when I landed on the tracks and drove between the islands. I reckon I was near enough 5 minutes before I go bored and got out of the car only to be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I get a taxi to my destination & skip the talking,
    which adds to the price of the fair,
    then I get to my destination i normally blast the taxi driver with my shotty take back my money & help myself to his nights takings.

One time got me like 400 dollars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I just call Roman to get a free taxi to wherever. This has the added bonus of the amusing verbal abuse you get from the driver :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

silvine wrote: »

A speedboat will stay ahead of the cops when you have a wanted level. Just boot it around the islands for a few minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Did this earlier on. Got into gun shop. Punch him in the head and run outside. You can call the police or not but him and about 4 friends start chasing you. Its hillarious when the cops arrive and get destoyed!!!

Anyone know where you can get a decent helicopter?? And whats with the Helitours dissapearing. I've gone 3 times now on a date and it hasn't been there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

LeoGilly wrote: »
    Did this earlier on. Got into gun shop. Punch him in the head and run outside. You can call the police or not but him and about 4 friends start chasing you. Its hillarious when the cops arrive and get destoyed!!!

Anyone know where you can get a decent helicopter?? And whats with the Helitours dissapearing. I've gone 3 times now on a date and it hasn't been there!!!

In the right side of the airport theres a helicopter gunship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

how do i hail down a cab , playing on a 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

The LB button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Hold down LB i think,call one when your drunk for some craic "Yellllllow Carrrrr" :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Taxis are great and the quickest way to get to any destination on the map!

Say you fail a mission and you go to restart it and you have a long drive, cuts down on all that!!

I've never tried a drunk taxi journey yet! Had too much fun drunk driving!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I just run to a traffic light and jump in one - hailing and being polite is for gurls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bluenessy

anyone have quick and easy ways to get the achievements on the 360???

also during little jacobs jobs i cant find the drop of point for the first car. there is nothing where the icon shows me to go. any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement