Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta 4 - Useful Tips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Fookin 1000 dollars for a grenade is a joke

even the weapon suppliers cant avoid the credit crunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

L31mr0d wrote: »
    The only one i've found so far is the Turismo (i.e. Ferrari F430) in the driveway next to Mikhail Faustin's house. It has great handling, takes a lot of damage and can get up to some ridiculous speeds

yeah very cool car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

there must be some numbers u can dial in on the phone that hook u up with some cool stuff/people besides 911 & ZIT. anyone know or hear of any!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Also, for people looking for a Comet, i've noticed that if you drive around Times Square in a Turismo there is a lot more Turismos and Comets on the roads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The first drop off is under the overpass. There is a wall around it. Took me a while to find that one and number 2.
    Number 2 is in a tunnel.

• Advertisement

ok well looks like these are more cheats than tips but have most of the tips already mentioned. http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/grandtheftauto4cheatscodes.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

bluenessy wrote: »
    anyone have quick and easy ways to get the achievements on the 360???

also during little jacobs jobs i cant find the drop of point for the first car. there is nothing where the icon shows me to go. any ideas would be greatly appreciated

IIRC it's right around the corner from the pool hall, parked in an alley/driveway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

hey guys is there not custom soundtrack on the 360 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

hey guys is there not custom soundtrack on the 360 ??

yes play your music but it oversounds voice and any radio chatter. There should be a designated channel like SA had for PC where your music played without interupting cut scenes etc: But there isnt :( Muse and radiohead were made for this game.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

ya when san andreas came out on 360 it had it, i have a feeling it will be DLC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

to get on the roof opposite the 1st safehouse so you can get to the armour on the bill board, drive round onto the nearest on-ramp of the road that's raised up (freeway?) to the north east of the safehouse, and halfway up it you can hop over the barrier on freeway off-ramp onto the roof next to it and jump across another roof or two to bring you directly above the billboard. that's where my problem starts tho, because every time i jump over i totally miss the walkway on the billboard where the armour is sitting and fall to the ground. it's not hard enough to kill you, but it sounds like it hurts. a quick hotdog fixes that tho, if you want to keep trying (so you can tell me how to do it!).

as for little jacob's first drop mission in the battered old car, the drop point is (assuming you follow the yellow directions on the gps is on the right down a small narrow alleyway just after you go under the freeway bridge. time is quite tight on these missions and it only take a tap of a cop car or some bad traffic or taking a corner badly to cock it up, so what I do is manually mark the destination myself on the map with my own GPS marker and that way, even if i miss the deadline the first time round and the yellow marker disappears i can still make it to the destination as a dry run so i know where I'm going next time for the retry.

ooh, there's also a grenade at the top of the first island where the 'monoglobe' is on top of the stand directly underneath the globe itself in the middle of the pond. VERY useful if you do the vigilante missions and just pick all the 'gang activity' missions as they quite often congregate closely together (i.e. in a gang :)). just drive up and lob a grenade into them. then there's no more gang. :D

talking of that kind of thing, if you have a 'hotspot' you need to get to where they are likely to be shooting at you as soon as you arrive, pull up with the handbrake so the car is side on to them with the drivers side away from the shooting so that you can get out with the car as cover and then duck down for cover behind it right away. duck and cover people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

vibe666 wrote: »
    to get on the roof opposite the 1st safehouse so you can get to the armour on the bill board, drive round onto the nearest on-ramp of the road that's raised up (freeway?) to the north east of the safehouse, and halfway up it you can hop over the barrier on freeway off-ramp onto the roof next to it and jump across another roof or two to bring you directly above the billboard. that's where my problem starts tho, because every time i jump over i totally miss the walkway on the billboard where the armour is sitting and fall to the ground. it's not hard enough to kill you, but it sounds like it hurts. a quick hotdog fixes that tho, if you want to keep trying (so you can tell me how to do it!).

You can pick up armor on the roof of the building with the road works (can't remember the exact area :o)outside it. There is a stairs all the way to the top, so it's easy to get too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

easy way to get the 'one man army' achievement on the 360.

drive up to the alonguin bridge before u unlock the ability to cross the bridge legally and shoot one of the cops that are a part of the roadblock.(you need to have bohan open for this to work)

this will give u a six star wanted level.
    take a sharp right turn and drive off the side of the highway,this leaves u on the subway tracks.

Drive directly into the algonquin subway and you'll be able to drive through there until your 5 mins are up.

drive back out of the subway and across the bridge to bohan (staying on the subway line)

you'll outrun the cops and get the 'one man army' achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

vibe666 wrote: »
    as for little jacob's first drop mission in the battered old car, the drop point is (assuming you follow the yellow directions on the gps is on the right down a small narrow alleyway just after you go under the freeway bridge. time is quite tight on these missions and it only take a tap of a cop car or some bad traffic or taking a corner badly to cock it up, so what I do is manually mark the destination myself on the map with my own GPS marker and that way, even if i miss the deadline the first time round and the yellow marker disappears i can still make it to the destination as a dry run so i know where I'm going next time for the retry.

You dont have to use that car. You just have to get in it to get the package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

LeoGilly wrote: »
    You dont have to use that car. You just have to get in it to get the package.

*Makes notes* now that, Sir, is useful. There i was trying to get to that tunnel under the road in the clapped out jalopy that caribbean feck-wad had left for me and kept running out of time.

Right - just lemme track down an Audi Quattro, and i'll be there in no time!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

jcoote wrote: »
    easy way to get the 'one man army' achievement on the 360.
    I got it by taking a helicopter from the bottom of Manhattan island whilst I still had the Jersey one locked, just fly around the locked island for a bit doing a bit of sightseeing and watching the cop cars drive around below you until you get the acheivement. Got the one for escaping the 4 star level by just entering the airport, which gives you 4 stars as soon as you reach the runway, then just head off along the nearest highway, in a car borrowed from the airport carpark, until the cops give up chasing you or you reach the pay-n-spray.

robinph wrote: »
    I got it by taking a helicopter from the bottom of Manhattan island whilst I still had the Jersey one locked, just fly around the locked island for a bit doing a bit of sightseeing and watching the cop cars drive around below you until you get the acheivement. Got the one for escaping the 4 star level by just entering the airport, which gives you 4 stars as soon as you reach the runway, then just head off along the nearest highway, in a car borrowed from the airport carpark, until the cops give up chasing you or you reach the pay-n-spray.

LMAO :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

So is there a helicopter alailable straight away from any locations before the extra islands are unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

If you do not want to be hassled by friends and girlfriends, or want to pause the story, go to the phone and turn on sleep mode. That leaves you free to do what you want. As soon as a mission is activated or a phone call made the phone is reactivated. handy if you want to explore the map for pick ups etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I don't know if there are helicopters available anywhere else with easy access yet but once you get onto the Manhattan island you can grab one of the tourist choppers from the place on the bottom right of the island without anyone trying to shoot you before you get up and away. I only noticed it as the POI had appeared on my GPS map though, have not actually had any mission involving the helicopters yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

What do you get if you do all the Jacob delivery missions?

silvine wrote: »

i don't think u get anything but payment for them.

it goes towards 100% completion tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The tunnel one....lol think laterally people.

Drive the car off the top of the tunnel and reverse into the tunnel, easy :D

kdjac

i read in one of the threads (can't remember where it was) that u can get cash from the securicor vans. came across one lastnite & robbed it but didnt get any money! any ideas for future? also, where's all the atms!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

So is there a helicopter alailable straight away from any locations before the extra islands are unlocked?

There are helicopters in the airport at certian times. Turn left when you drive in and carry on up to the top. Stay off the runway tho or all hell breaks loose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

dublander wrote: »
    i read in one of the threads (can't remember where it was) that u can get cash from the securicor vans. came across one lastnite & robbed it but didnt get any money! any ideas for future? also, where's all the atms!

U have to blow them up so it goes on fire. Then the money falls out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

silvine wrote: »
    A rasta coloured SUV.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dms182

In single player mode, anyone know where to get a gunship helicopter :confused:..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

dms182 wrote: »
    In single player mode, anyone know where to get a gunship helicopter :confused:..

The airport, to the right of the runway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Vain wrote: »
    U have to blow them up so it goes on fire. Then the money falls out

i got fed up of shooting the thing and wasting all my ammo, so i just lobbed a grenade under the last one.

what happened to the fuel tank filler shooting trick? can't seem to find them on any cars now. i do seem to have more luck just shotting above the rear wheel, but it's a bit hit and miss.

ooh, ere's another one if anyone is interested.

if you sprint towards a bit of cover and then hit L1 you do a sliding tackle type thing like you see in baseball. kinda did it on purpose there a while ago.

also, now i'm on the main island i've started using a lot more taxi's and just taking a ride and looking around. i swear sometimes you could almost forget it's a game.

oh, and you can still change the radio stations in the taxi's too, when you flick stations the regular way nico asks the driver to change the station. he also seems to start boogying a little bit too if it's music. :)

Advertisement