Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta 4 - Useful Tips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Joe Robot wrote: »
    A rasta coloured SUV.
    :cool:

Does that re appear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

A fairly obvious one, but there's a handy showroom full of Turismo's on the middle island near the safe house (
    not Playboy X's safehouse, the other one...
    )
    Just go south and take the first right turn, you'll pass it to your left then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Guys,

How do you unlock the ability to buy guns out of LJ's car? I've not been able to do it yet. Do I need to schmooze him with drink or something

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

just become friends with him and keep him sweet. I think he's stopped selling me guns cos its all i ring him for lately!! Might have to spend a bit of quality time with him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

take him out a few times, you need to be good friends before he trusts you enough, but once he does he's invaluable for restocking weapons and about 1/3rd cheaper than the gun shops are.

he called me asking to go to a strip club (FYI get 3 private dances in a row, well worth the effort:D), but didn't ask to go home after, so I took him for a game of pool and then to the comedy club after that before he asked to be taken home, but as soon as i did he called and offered to supply me with guns and he's been there ever since whenever I've asked.

you just call him and ask (he'll tell you roughly where he's going to be) and you just have to find him down an alleyway nearby (most of the time) and walk up to him to see his stuff in the trunk of the car.

every now and again he'll be on a different island to you and if you go in a taxi he'll be gone beofre you get there, but most of the time he'll be close enough for you to swing by. you'll be grateful of the $300 armour if nothing else, but it'll well worth stocking up on ammo from him too, you never know when you'll get stuck in a firefight and need it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Excellent stuff. Must remember to play with my new friend when i switch on the xbox this evening. Bring on the Guns and Armour:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

vibe666 wrote: »
    (FYI get 3 private dances in a row, well worth the effort:D)

jesus!thats a lot of jiggling! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

masseyno9 wrote: »
    just become friends with him and keep him sweet. I think he's stopped selling me guns cos its all i ring him for lately!! Might have to spend a bit of quality time with him!!
    There seems to be a cool down period after he supplies you with armaments. About a day, maybe 12 game hrs? Also at some points in the story he ain't available, as he is at a mission critical place and unavailable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

I think with any friend that helps you with other stuff, like LJ, Brucie or Roman you have to get their friendship over 75% - you can see this in stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet but I saw yesterday that you can rob the clothes shops. Just walk up the register and press L1, you'll get a few quid, around $100 and one star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Holsten wrote: »
    Dunno if it's been mentioned yet but I saw yesterday that you can rob the clothes shops. Just walk up the register and press L1, you'll get a few quid, around $100 and one star.

Ooh didn't know this. I tried robbing it by pointing my gun at him but he just ran away.

the best and quickest way to make a heap of cash is (once you have him as a friend) is to keep doing stuff with
    packie till he introduces you to his brothers and you all do a bank job together
    . after I got through that, I got $250,000 which has come in quite handy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

vibe666 wrote: »
    the best and quickest way to make a heap of cash is (once you have him as a friend) is to keep doing stuff with
    packie till he introduces you to his brothers and you all do a bank job together
    . after I got through that, I got $250,000 which has come in quite handy. :)
    Thats really just following the story,not exactly a tip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 less is more

For anyone who has unlocked all the islands, but wants a quick boost in wanted level: www.littlelacysurprisepageant.com is the site for you... no joke.

In multiplayer, you can pick up health packs whilst in a car, and not only does it heal you, but it heals the car too! You'd be surprised how many people don't know this.

Have any of you watched the tv or read the news and heard about a serial killer on the loose? Want to meet him? Of course you do: He's down an alley near Auto Eroti-car in Alderney.

That's all I can think of atm, but I'll post any more that occur to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I thought it mite have been a part of the story later on...gaa should have put that in a spoiler mate :)

If you see a human shaped icon on your in game radar stop and find it cus there is loads of NPC with cut scenes and somethimes missions. If you see a guy selling handbags at the bottom right of the 2nd island stop and talk to him cus he knew Niko in russia and needs your help.

Ok il say it again WHAT A GAME.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Thats really just following the story,not exactly a tip!
    yeah i know, but people could be busy robbing cars for brucie or taking roman out and getting him drunk when there's a huge heap of cash waiting for you if you make a point of going off in one direction rather than another. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Is it possible to delete cheats off your mobile? I have a few – cars, weapons and life. I don’t want to use them anymore as it takes the fun out of the game for later. Can they just be deleted?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

im on the 2nd island & tbh im pissed off with roman he has wrecked my head from the start so I keep disconnecting his calls and not answering the phone to him, i yet got the taxi achievement im not bothered about., , , will there be any repercussions of the not responding to that melt????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Dating some of the girls on the dating site gives you some benifits

If you date sohohoe aka Carmen and get on her good side she will ring you and tell you that if your injured just ring her and she will heal you but you have to keep her sweet though, so get her locked and get in her bags and she will heal you with a simple phone call ;)
    It also works for Lawchick aka Kiki get on her sweet side and you can call her to remove your wanted level havent tried any other girls yet so maybe more will do other stuff.

Dwyane will send you his goons to help you once your good friends with him, (
    thats if you dont kill him that is
    )

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Dwyane will send you his goons to help you once your good friends with him, (
    thats if you dont kill him that is
    )
    oops. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

There's one mission where you're given a good amount of impressive weapons. Die during this mission and repeat it ad lib to get a hefty amount of ammo for these weapons!

Also, NEVER trust autosave. It hasn't worked once for me. It's only saving my weapons, parked cars, clothes and money but I still have to do the missions I'd just cleared.
    Though that could be just me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm only on the second safe house. Are there any cool cars or bikes near it?

Also any tips for outrunning a four-star wanted level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Find a highway and just floor it away from the cops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I've realised a few things in regard to cars. When your driving a car the roads will fill with cars of the same class, i've noticed that when i'm driving a Turismo anywhere in Liberty City there are a load more Turismos, Coquettes and Comets and those superbikes on the road. Also, if you phone Brucie and agree to do a race, on the default route to the race starting point you will pass by at least 1 comet parked on the side of the road. Keep an eye out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

I thought that you had to run (as in on foot) to get that achievement? I did it in the airport, drve right to the edge of the cops wanted range thing on the radar and ran the rest of the way outside it. If you can drive away from it then its easy, airport should be the handiest place to do it.

I'm not far into the game so dont have many tips, but i've found that keeping all of your potential friends sweet makes the game a lot easier. The story is great and you might be tempted to run through the story missions, but going for the odd game of darts with LJ or drinking with roman is always fun, and gets some handy abilities as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

silvine wrote: »
    Any tips for building up a six star wanted level and surviving for five minutes?

Drive into the subway, and along the tracks. neither police, nor helicoptors can get you.

In fact, you can quite easily evade a six star wanted level this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

mehfesto2 wrote: »

Also, NEVER trust autosave. It hasn't worked once for me. It's only saving my weapons, parked cars, clothes and money but I still have to do the missions I'd just cleared.
    Though that could be just me!!!

You probably already know this, but the autosave file is separate to your normal save file. On the list of saved files (you can access them through start and game) the top one will be the one you manually saved, and the very bottom one is the autosave file. I've never had any probs with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Where exactly is this helicopter gunship people?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

+1 i cant find this any where in the airport!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I've only seen it once. Here's where I think it is:
    EHad through the departures area of the airport, till the road splits, the main road continues to the left, the US Air carpark is on the right. Go through the car there's a road running left to right in front of you, go righ through the gate and there are 3 helipads. I think the chopper spawns here. Not 100% as I have a 4 star wanted level when I found it the first time.

Advertisement