Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta 4 - Useful Tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭puntypower

You know if the cops arrest you they take all of your guns and ammo, so just make sure your killed instead of being arrested to keep all your gear.

Dunno about ye but I hate having to go and buy the guns again. Fookin 1000 dollars for a grenade is a joke
    rip off ireland indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You know if the cops arrest you they take all of your guns and ammo, so just make sure your killed instead of being arrested to keep all your gear.

Dunno about ye but I hate having to go and buy the guns again. Fookin 1000 dollars for a grenade is a joke
    If i do get arrested, I normally go and load to my last save point (i.e completion of the previous mission typically).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I've realised a few things in regard to cars. When your driving a car the roads will fill with cars of the same class quote]

This was allways the case with Gta games. Even the very first one for the PS was like that. spend the whole day looking for a nice car and when you get it, there bloody everwhere!:rolleyes:

Something else I noticed in GTA IV, why does ploughing down pedestrians not give you a wanted level anymore?

Ploughed through about 10 benches full of people and nada! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

basquille wrote: »
    Something else I noticed in GTA IV, why does ploughing down pedestrians not give you a wanted level anymore?

Ploughed through about 10 benches full of people and nada! :(

It just depends on the situation, if there is someone with a phone or a cop around you will get 1 star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I think you have to mow down more than 1 though, I've often knocked down 1 or 2 peds with a Police right beside me and nothing happens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The AI has been improved in many ways, but I wish there was a setting to increase difficulty. It would be nice to have a realistic police force if you wanted it.

It is pretty unrealistic that I can plough head first into a ped car, with a cop or cop car right beside us, speed off, and not get even a wanted star for it. Same for hit and runs, or breaking red lights, or driving a mashed up car around Times Square.

I know some people would claim that this would make it too difficult, but it would be nice to have the option to increase the difficulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's always better to die than get arrested (or reload a save). Even if the cops bust Niko and he puts his hands up, I start mashing the buttons until he attacks the cops again. Even if he doesn't get out alive, it's better than getting arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

I have often knocked down peds and not gotten a wanted level. Quite often the reason for no wanted level is that the ped is still alive. Running someone over is not a guaranteed kill. Quite often I would knock some one over at high speed, but would have to back over them again to actually kill them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

The game Mafia had a speedometer in it. If you went over a certain speed and a police car was nearby, they would automatically chase you.

I found it annoying to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Note... if you want some good carmageddon action, head into Central Park between 8am and 12pm. It's usually packed with joggers. Great for getting those red go-faster stripes all over your hood ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

When the driving camera is in an awkward position (like after just entering a car, or making a turn) pressing R3 (right stick) will look behind, but when you let go, you will be facing forward. In other words, a quick press and release of R3, and hey presto, you're facing in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Only discovered this yesterday. When locked on to target press R3 and it zooms in. Cant believe i only discovered it now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

LeoGilly wrote: »
    Only discovered this yesterday. When locked on to target press R3 and it zooms in. Cant believe i only discovered it now!!!

indeed. combine that with the assault rifle and a spot of pressing R1 to 'cling' to a wall and shoot around, and most levels are a piece of piss...

+1

I didn't know about that either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Dating some of the girls on the dating site gives you some benifits

If you date sohohoe aka Carmen and get on her good side she will ring you and tell you that if your injured just ring her and she will heal you but you have to keep her sweet though, so get her locked and get in her bags and she will heal you with a simple phone call ;)
    It also works for Lawchick aka Kiki get on her sweet side and you can call her to remove your wanted level havent tried any other girls yet so maybe more will do other stuff.

Dwyane will send you his goons to help you once your good friends with him, (
    thats if you dont kill him that is
    )
    I can't get any of the b*tches to respond! They all reject me! Is it via mail that they reply, ya? I'm getting nothing back.

Maybe it's you?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They reply by email but you might have to wait a couple of days for their response. Keep yourself busy blowing stuff up in the mean time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dms182

How many girls can you actually date here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

dms182 wrote: »
    How many girls can you actually date here ?

Well i have 3 on the go kiki and carmen from the dating site, and kate, pakies sister (although for an irish girl she never puts out which is unusual or is it typical i cant remember :eek: ) and the tip about dying instead of being arrested, hmm im not too sure about this tip dying is expensive around 10k a go and i have gone from over 250000 to just over 170000 mainly because of dying a lot :eek:
    Oh and when in an internet cafe type in whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com it pulls up maps of all the flying rats, text cars, hidden weapons and amour, and stunt jumps

Ps where the fcuk is stevie i cant find him and never got a text from him and i want to get all the text cars

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

best way of getting the rolled over achievement on xbox is to head to the run way. floor it to top speed while on the grass and try to clip just the side of a yellow sign.

not only will you be flying you end up doing about 8 or 9 rolls mid air, never mind your landing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

miju wrote: »
    best way of getting the rolled over achievement on xbox is to head to the run way. floor it to top speed while on the grass and try to clip just the side of a yellow sign.

not only will you be flying you end up doing about 8 or 9 rolls mid air, never mind your landing :)

+1. Thanks man! That was was getting to me. I was heading toward the park and handbreaking into the tree. Got three or four, but usually ended up upside-down with a wanted level!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

Shooting the door window of a parked car unlocks it :D
    great when you're in a hurry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Ps where the fcuk is stevie i cant find him and never got a text from him and i want to get all the text cars

do mission No 1 for brucie

kdjac

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    +1. Thanks man! That was was getting to me. I was heading toward the park and handbreaking into the tree. Got three or four, but usually ended up upside-down with a wanted level!

no probs , truth be told some dude on XBL told me to do it and it worked first time :)

Any tips for the Brucie street race mission No 1? I'm an awful driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

For the street race, just take it easy-ish! Look at the map, and make sure you follow the circuit, and know where the next turn is and where it goes. Also, brake early, the comet is fast enough that you dont need to leave it late.

silvine..

Just completed No 1 it last night on my 3rd attempt.. found the trick is to get ahead early. Fly down that initial straight and then take it very easy on corners, while keeping an eye on where the next marker is as the 2nd or 3rd marker is tricky - there's a long straight in which you'd speed up to get ahead but the next marker is on another street with a sharp turn mid-way down that straight.

But basically, try and get in 1st or 2nd down that initial straight (while staying away from the back 4 who'll batter the crap outta you and you may end up spinning), and then take it easy on corners.

Best of luck!

I think the races are fairly easy (though I've been using the Super GT).

But usually if you drive carefully the other cars seemingly forget to break and fly plast a corner or smash head first into a wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Driving in the races is pretty easy.Slow down miles before the corners and use A if you have to break dont touch the handbreak !if you sunday drive around the corners you will win ! I over lapped someone in 3rd brucie race!

Advertisement