Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta 4 - Useful Tips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭rameire

for the races, i made a mistake that helped me, instead of going straight into the arrow space to start the race, go passed it and head to the front, then reverse back and hit another car into the arrow, the race will count down and start and youll already be in 2nd or 3rd place

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

didn't look back to see if tis was posted but if you have a wanted level you can get rid of it by starting a mission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Starting a mission doesn't always get rid of wanted levels. I remember I was doing one of the first Packie missions and had 1 star going in, it didn't go away and by the time I'd killed a load of the lads, I had 2 stars and I was fighting the cops and the bad guys and it made it much harder.

Also for races, I find the trick is to fly off early and get into the lead (I usually use a Turismo, although if anyone knows where to get a Super GT I'd love to know, it's basically the only good car I haven't found yet... :() once you take the first corner, either in the lead or if not making sure you don't get creamed by some of the maniac drivers, and then take it handy coming into corners I can usually build up enough of a lead early that it's just a case of getting through the course without making any mistakes and you should be able to win comfortably.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

for the races just take it easy and watch out for the next turns, and as the other said floor it on the straight.

anyone got any tips for completing
    Three Leaved Clover
    ?

i keep dying in the subway, guess ill go look for armour before starting the mission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

KamiKazi wrote: »

i keep dying in the subway, guess ill go look for armour before starting the mission

Yeah, can't imagine finishing it without armour!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Ste05 wrote: »
    although if anyone knows where to get a Super GT I'd love to know, it's basically the only good car I haven't found yet... :()

bring up your phone and dial 227 555 0169 and one will spawn in front of you
    (counts as a cheat on your stats even though it isn't really in my book :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I used a sentinel in a race and whomped everyone, tho whatever car you bring to the race the other cars will be mostly that. Sentinel is best for taking corners at high speed but as said get out in front and its easy to stay there.

If you touch the handbrake dont change direction ie use the handbrake on a straight but dont touch left of right, mega drift in the fast cars, my tip is hand brake then sharp turn with the foot down, you end out slowing into corners and powering out of them.

Also nudging rivals into walls or oncoming traffic works.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

shooting their tyres out with your submachine gun also helps :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

has anybody any tips on how to get the 4 star achievement.
    i only seem to get 3 stars but when i get the 4th i always end up dead.

i got the 6 star no problem. just jumped in a boat got to the docks & stayed behind a wall & the chopper couldnt get me & the police were just standing behind the wall not event trying to get me.

Stephen wrote: »
    shooting their tyres out with your submachine gun also helps :pac:

didnt think you could do that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

didnt think you could do that

think you fail the race but didnt try it.

The 4 star one is best done at the airport then use the highway that runs along the east side of the island as your escape route.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

has anybody any tips on how to get the 4 star achievement.
    i only seem to get 3 stars but when i get the 4th i always end up dead.

Drive to the airport and you'll get 4 stars, then leg it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

i wonder could u just blow out their tires just before u start the race (ie dont pull into the space), or would they automatically be back to normal once it starts. failing that maybe u cud pile up a load of vehicles infront of them before the race starts! must give it a go later

going to try that now.

nice one

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

As soon as you reach the runway of the airport you'll get four stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

I always get 5 stars on the runway!!! You' still get the achievement for outrunning that. A much harder prospect though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wtf is the story with stealing that black hawk-looking helicopter from the airport? When I nick it I get instant 4 stars but it doesn't matter how far away I fly, the wanted level doesn't go away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wtf is the story with stealing that black hawk-looking helicopter from the airport? When I nick it I get instant 4 stars but it doesn't matter how far away I fly, the wanted level doesn't go away!
    Is it possible to lose anything greater than 3 stars without getting a respray? Cos believe me, i've tried!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I've lost 4 stars with ease :confused:

Just speed away from the area they are looking in, keep going around corners if there is someone following you they will eventully crash. When you're on your own keep a very close eye on the radar and try to avoid any cops till you get out of the circle.

If you get a chance, stop and swap vehilce when your stars are gray. Makes it much easier to get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

basquille wrote: »
    Is it possible to lose anything greater than 3 stars without getting a respray? Cos believe me, i've tried!

If your close to water then drive straight into it! i escaped 5 star by swimming out and stealing a boat - check the map to see where the circle end and boot it!Also the railway tracks are handy for lossing a wanted level.

Cant undestand the helicopter issue,id recommend flying around the coast untill the stars vanish.If you fly over the city your going to be constantly spotted by police cars and the your wanted radius will keep reseting to our position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bluenessy

the reason for this is because is a police vehicle. if you steal it and then fly off over the ocean they wont be able to get you. the helicopters they send go away to refuel or somethin so it is only a matter of time before they lose interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭rameire

is it possible to fly the planes, or hook up a truck to a trailer?

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    is it possible to fly the planes, or hook up a truck to a trailer?

no and no unfortunatly! wish it was possible cause we wanna recreate the caburies add

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MrAnderson

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Also when on the in game net type in www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com , Its not technically a cheat so it won't ruin your savegames.

Hey everyone, not sure if this has been covered, but I went in last night to have a look at this site in the game and got all the maps etc as usual. But if I clicked on a 'topic' to bring up that map and then clicked the large logo at the top of the page, it brought me back to the topics list but with extra ones added in.

Everytime I repeated this it would only bring up the inital set of maps, so I had to go and do the above to unlock the other maps.

Hope that makes some sense :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

robinph wrote: »
    As soon as you reach the runway of the airport you'll get four stars.

I get four stars anywhere in the Airport, even if I don't go near the runway.

Holsten wrote: »
    I get four stars anywhere in the Airport, even if I don't go near the runway.

i think as soon as you pass the barrior to go behind the airport you get 4 stars within minutes because most airports are supposed to be restricted. thats probably why. not a 100% sure tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I got rid of 4 stars by just swimming out to the ocean, a bit boring but it worked!

tw0nk wrote: »
    I got rid of 4 stars by just swimming out to the ocean, a bit boring but it worked!

the swimming is really boring! id prefer to drive a car off a cliff and stay in the car and spawn back at hospital. no bordem and all you gotta do is pay the hospital bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

bluenessy wrote: »
    the swimming is really boring! id prefer to drive a car off a cliff and stay in the car and spawn back at hospital. no bordem and all you gotta do is pay the hospital bill

250px-Bob_kelso_45465675.jpg

I bet you would prefer that, sport...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dms182

Where, in the airport, do you get the black hawk down.. All I get is run over by planes and a bad ass cop chase :confused:

Advertisement